Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#26 2009-07-15 12:04:20

alistairlee

Re: Connect Pro MP3 Player - Alistairlee Help!

Hey Jonas,

It's not possible to do either of these things with the current MP3 player.

I am working on a new version though - and I can definitely build in the option to turn off auto-play.  I'm also adding full volume control (in addition to the mute button) and a scrubber bar.

Thanks,
Alistair

#27 2009-07-15 13:57:40

**_Daniel_**

Alistair,
Neat. We've been using this cool application in our meetings and are thrilled. I'm a non-technical guy and was happy to be able to put my own songs in it. Sounds like some good enhancements that you are working on too.
Best, daniel

#28 2009-07-15 16:12:59

**_jonaslagneryd_**

Thanks Alistair!
Fantastic that you are working on a new version, and I would be more than happy to have the turning off of the auto-play option built in!
Kind regards,
Jonas

#29 2009-07-15 16:26:20

alistairlee

A quick note to everyone using the MP3 player.

Adobe has had a few support calls come in with people getting an error when they try to upload content to the share pod.  It seems that the MP3 player is causing the error - as soon as the MP3 player is removed from the layout, the problem goes away.

I'm not sure what the cause is - and I've never seen the problem myself.  The good news is that support was able to escalate the problem to engineering who now have my source code.

Disregard this message if you're not seeing any errors.  If you do get an error trying to upload to a share pod, simply remove the MP3 player (you can add it back after you've finished your upload).  Drop me a line if this has happened to you - I'd like to figure out what's going on.

#30 2009-07-16 07:59:34

**_jonaslagneryd_**

Hi,
Is your Video player still on the track? You are referring to it in the link. However the link is broken.
Kind regards,
Jonas

alistairlee wrote:

I didn't add a rewind button to the player - but it would be a nice touch.  The Fast Forward button may also be a bit misleading since it changes the track rather than fast forwarding through the song.

If you're playing a long track (like a podcast for example), it may be nice to have a scrub bar to allow the user to skip to a section of the track.

I did include a scrub bar in the video player I wrote:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/i … id=1704022

I will include a scrub bar in the next version of the MP3 player.  Are there other features anyone is interested in?  Keep in mind that I don't have the ability to access local file systems, so uploading your own MP3 files (without using the XML) is not possible.

#31 2009-07-22 09:02:31

**_ssummerford_**

Alistair,
Thanks so much for including the documentation for the MP3 player.  I'm pretty non-techie and was able to add my own songs and it worked! 

Was going to request a volume control but see from an earlier post you are working on it. 

Thanks so much for sharing your work!  Can't wait to use it in my next webinar for teacher training! 

Regards,
Sue

Board footer