Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-01-07 18:54:38

pbarron

Loading shared content training throws error

We've always been able to launch a training using the URL of the Content --> Shared Content item, but I have one that is throwing an error: "Connect session has timed out" with a "Login" button. 

When the login button is pressed, the screen simply reloads.  This all happens if I'm NOT logged onto our Connect site (any browser).  If I AM logged in and open the URL in another window/tab, the training plays right away.  I have some older trainings on our site that load right away regardless, so I'm suspecting it's a setting with this particular training.  I've checked everything and nothing is standing out.

We share the non-Training URL's (Shared Content) with clients prior to creating tracked trainings out of them, and this is really interfering with that.  Any ideas on why this is happening?  Thanks in advance...

Peter Barron
RRPS ISM

#2 2014-01-08 11:10:52

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Loading shared content training throws error

Are you on a hosted or licensed account?

What version of Connect are you on?

What version of Presenter are you using?

There was a known issue with Presenter 9 and Connect 9.0, which would cause this situation. If you are on a licensed deployment, you may need to revert back to Presenter 8 or upgrade to Connect 9.1.

#3 2014-01-08 13:08:54

pbarron

Thank you for responding; I apologize for not posting our versions!

We are locally hosted, running Connect 9.0.2 and publishing with Presenter 9.0.0

I will look at any updates/patches that need to be run and if this issue is resolved, I will reply to this post with that solution.  Do you have the link to where this issue is posted either here or by Adobe?

Thanks again!

Last edited by pbarron (2014-01-08 13:09:36)

#4 2014-01-08 13:14:58

Jorma_at_CoSo

Discussed on this forum here: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/topic/8939/timeout/

Discussed on the forums.adobe.com site here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5578172#5578172

#5 2014-01-08 16:17:29

pbarron

Called support...they helped me upgrade to version 9.2 and we tested this, and everything worked perfectly!  Thank you for your help with this!

- Peter Barron

Board footer