Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-07-11 09:35:43

eduardomayorga

Timeout

Hello to all

I run 2 to 3 webinars every week with no problem. 2 or 3 days ago people connecting to the webinar get a message that says  "Connect session has timed out. Please login".

If they move the window out of the way they can attend the meeting with no problem

If they click on login, they are logged in again and get the same window.

Most of the times a presenter gets the message, he cannot control the presentation but yes watch it, controlled by me, the host.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Eduardo

#2 2013-07-15 04:47:24

spuri

Re: Timeout

Hi Eduardo,

I suppose people were getting this message inside the meeting room, please confirm..
By any chance was the Host/Presenter in the meeting was sharing a PPTX file published using Presenter 9 in the share pod? We are aware of one similar bug inside a meeting but need to confirm if you are facing the same issue.

Thanks
Sameer Puri

#3 2013-07-17 08:10:37

cuc1374066135

I am experiencing the same error message. I used Presenter 9 to publish a presentation to connect. When navigating through the presentation, the participant sees the Session Timed Out box, but could not close it they could only select the login button only to be returned to the meeting with the error message back.

We don’t experience this error message when the PPT is directly upload and presented, only when we publish the PPT using Presenter 9.

Jim

Last edited by jdrane (2013-07-17 10:10:04)

#4 2013-07-17 10:35:06

spuri

Thanks for confirming, we are aware of this issue now and working on it to fix it.

Thanks
Sameer Puri

#5 2013-07-17 13:16:27

jdrane

Is it a Presenter 9 issue or an Connect issue?

Jim

#6 2013-07-17 16:49:51

spuri

Hi Jim,

Actually a combination of  both. This is a new feature meant to address loss of tracking after session times out. Unluckily in one of the workflows this is breaking. We are aware of this issue and working on this to fix this one. Till then I will suggest you to upload content directly in share pod/content library rather than publishing using Presenter 9, if you dont have audio/video assets in your PPT(x). if you have audio/video in your PPT(x), please use any version prior to P9.

Thanks
Sameer Puri

#7 2013-07-18 14:29:04

marco_nasa

Just confirming we are also getting this error on an event we are having today with some presenter 9 published presentations.

#8 2013-07-22 17:18:24

reckhardt

I have a presentation that I have created using PowerPoint2010/Presenter9.  This is my first use of version 9 and I have ran in to a couple of issues.

When I publish to AdobeConnect and then test the presentation as a public user I receive the "Session Timeout" error as soon a the presentation loads.  This presentation does have the permission set to public.  I can not close the error dialog box and clicking on the login button just causes the error to redisplay.

If I login to Connect and the run the presentation, everything is fine.

Based on a comment elsewhere, I signed into AdobeConnect, chose to add new content, browsed to my PowerPoint presentation and uploaded it.
The result is worse,   the adobeconnect pre-loader displays and the progress icon just spins FOREVER.  No errors and no presentation.

Since this is my primary use of Presenter and Connect, neither product is of any use to me until this is resolved.  Can Adobe please give us an ETA for a solution.

The 2 other quirks that I have found is that enumerated bullet points don't convert properly.  When I have text bulleted alphabetically (a,b,c,etc) and animated once converted I get a,a,a for my bullet points.

A graphic (png) placed on the slide layout within the masterview disappears when converted.

#9 2013-07-23 09:15:20

spuri

Hi reckhardt,

We are still in the process of fixing the bug and deploying it. But till then we have a couple of workarounds as written in my last note as well:

1.    Upload a PPTX file directly in the share pod/Content library rather than publishing it using P9. This shall work for most of the cases unless there are audio/video assets in that PPTX which will be dropped in direct upload scenarios.
2.    If they have assets which are required for the presentation, the only workaround is to use Presenter 8.x (or previous versions) to publish rather than P9 till we give a Connect patch to fix this one.

I am not sure why you are hitting issue#2 you mentioned below(stuck at spinner screen). Can you send the PPTX file that you are trying to upload at sameerpuri87@gmail.com so that I can have a look along with the bullets issue you are facing?

The 4th issue you mentioned may be coz of an unsupported feature of P9. You may need to contact Presenter support OR browse through the help pages to see something substantial. OR probably, i can have a look if the same PPTX is causing all the 4 issues you have mentioned.

Thanks
Sameer Puri

#10 2013-07-23 16:30:33

reckhardt

I have uninstalled version 9,  ran a registry cleaner, re-boot and installed Presenter 8.

Re-published using Presenter 8 direct to connect.  Continue to get the spinner.  I deleted the uploaded content then used new content with Connect to upload the PPTX file, even though it does have audio components, just to see if it would convert.  I still get the spinner issue.

I will send you the file and the link shortly.

#11 2013-07-24 02:30:29

spuri

Hi reckhardt,

I have received the PPTX file but i havent recieved the audio assets to convert. Can you please send them across as a zip so that i can try converting the PPTX files along with its assets?

Thanks
Sameer Puri

#12 2013-07-29 02:10:02

spuri

Hi reckhardt,

The problem was that you were trying to publish P9 created content using P8. To geta round this you can re-create your content using P8 and then publish. In case you want to use Pr9 only to create content and P8 to publish it, I have mailed you the steps you need to follow to make sure your Pr8 published content doesnt get stuck at the spinner screen.

Hopefully this will help solve your problem! FYI, we are still working on the session timeout issue.

Thanks
Sameer Puri

#13 2013-07-30 09:20:49

reckhardt

Sameer: I did talk to Presenter team and they have identified the issue. The problem is because of creating PPTX in Presenter 9 and publishing it using Presenter 8.
So we have a couple of workarounds for you:

1. Create a new PPTX by importing Audio again from scratch. (Recommended)
2. Remove the following nodes from vconfig.xml in the published output\data folder, it will start working
     <uicolor name="notesTextBackground" value="0xFFFFFF"/>
     <uishow name="cctexthighlighting" value="true"/>
Published output folder is specified at the time of local publish.

If you use the 2nd option mentioned above, please make sure
     1. You publish using Presenter 8
     2. Make the changes in vconfig.xml
     3. Zip the folder and then upload the zip in Connect meeting/Content library.

Reckhardt:  I have deleted all .ppc files and subsequent folders.
I have opened the pptx file with PowerPoint 2010/presenter 8.  I received an error indicating that the ppc file could not be found.  I selected the option to open the pptx without the ppc file and audio file associations.

I re-imported the audio files to the appropriate slides and saved.  I then published directly to Adobe Connect as well as to a zip file, then logged on to Adobe Connect using IE.  I chose to upload new content and upload the prepared zip file.

Finally I published to a PDF and I published locally, all efforts have resulted in the same rotating green arrow pre-load image and nothing else.

Also, Presenter 8 still drops the graphic logo added to the master slide layout.  I haven’t yet tested whether bullet point enumerate properly either.

Sameer:  I can still see the 2 nodes in /data/vconfig.xml file in the Presenter 8 published zip that you have sent to me, so it won’t work. As i am at home, I won’t be able to publish the PPTX file (I don’t have Presenter installed on my laptop). Just follow the following steps and you should be good:
     1. Open the PPTX file that has audio in it (don’t delete the .ppc file)
     2. Publish it locally to your computer using Presenter 8. (DON’T publish as zip, publish it normally).
     3. Go to published output folder, normally in your My Documents folder. (This you can specify in step 2 too).
     4. Open the folder. Open the Data folder inside it and then open the vconfig.xml inside it.
     5. Remove the following 2 nodes from the xml file (you can search that in the xml):

a) <uicolor value="0xFFFFFF" name="notesTextBackground"/>
          b) <uishow value="true" name="cctexthighlighting"/>

6. Save the xml file and close it.
     7. Now zip the folder (the main folder created in step 2) using Winzip or WinRar or any other.
     8. Upload this ZIP file in Connect library or meeting room, and that will work for you.

Do let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Reckhardt:   My error, I read your previous instructions as Step 1 OR Step 2, not as Step 1 AND Step 2.  Once I did step 2 and zipped as you indicated I now have a working presentation.  Does this work-around method as work with Presenter 9?

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.  You were very helpful.

Sameer: Awesome! This is just a workaround for Presenter 8 when you have slides created in Presenter 9.  If you publish using Presenter 9, you will continue to get Session timeout issue, which is yet to be addressed.

Going forward, I will suggest you to create a new content with Presenter 8 every time, rather than publishing a PPTX having slides created using Presenter 9.
Glad I could help!

Sameer Puri

#14 2013-08-09 17:55:13

Karen5053

Participants in my meeting reporting receiving a "Session Timed Out" message. I reported the incident to Adobe.  The issue was identified as a bug and I was given a bug number. Bug 3598671.  I have heard the Adobe upgrade 9.1 may fix this issue. Is that true?

#15 2013-08-12 02:21:37

spuri

Hi Karen5053,

Yes, upgrade to Connect 9.1 should resolve this issue for you. Until then you can use the workarounds mentioned above in this thread.

Thanks
Sameer Puri

#16 2013-09-18 07:56:39

cuc1374237310

Sameer,
Do you have an update on when this will be fixed and if it is a Presenter or Connect patch we are waiting for?
Cheers,
Tom

#17 2013-09-27 05:47:31

zhaobaoabc

reckhardt wrote:

I have a presentation that I have created using PowerPoint2010/Presenter9.  This is my first use of version 9 and I have ran in to a couple of issues.

When I publish to AdobeConnect and then test the presentation as a public user I receive the "Session Timeout" error as soon a the presentation loads.  This presentation does have the permission set to public.  I can not close the error dialog box and clicking on the login button just causes the error to redisplay.

If I login to Connect and the run the presentation, everything is fine.

Based on a comment elsewhere, I signed into AdobeConnect, chose to add  cisco ip phones  content, browsed to my PowerPoint presentation and uploaded it.
The result is worse,   the adobeconnect pre-loader displays and the progress icon just spins FOREVER.  No errors and no presentation.

Since this is my primary use of Presenter and Connect, neither product is of any use to me until this is resolved.  Can Adobe please give us an ETA for a solution.

The 2 other quirks that I have found is that enumerated bullet points don't convert properly.  When I have text bulleted alphabetically (a,b,c,etc) and animated once converted I get a,a,a for my bullet points.

A graphic (png) placed on the slide layout within the masterview disappears when converted.

how can i do it ?

Last edited by zhaobaoabc (2013-09-27 05:48:29)

#18 2013-10-01 06:41:12

spuri

Hi cuc1374237310,

This will be fixed with Connect 9.1.

Hi zhaobaoabc,

Can you please elaborate what you meant when you wrote "How can i do it"?

Thanks
Sameer Puri

#19 2013-10-07 01:49:23

lbeh

Has anyone tested if this issue has been fixed with Adobe Connect 9.1?

#20 2014-05-22 03:29:32

Paul Norrington

I'm experiencing the same "session timed out" message, but it's not related to Presenter (I don't use or have that software).  It happens with PowerPoint presentations I've uploaded.
Clearing and reloading the presentation seems to overcome the problem, but it's a bit of a nuisance, to say the least. It seems to happen with some PowerPoint presentations, but not all.

Any ideas?

Paul

Board footer