Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-10-13 23:54:15

**_scottharrison_**

30 Day Seminar Room Pros and Cons

Any help on these questions would be greatly appreciated:

I have a client who wants to hold a couple of 200+ seat online seminars per year.

I'd like to suggest they purchase a 30 day hosted seminar room each time the seminar is on, but would like to check first if:

They need to pay the subscription setup fee + initial 30 day seminar room?

That nothing else (eg Named organisers) are required to run seminars in that room?

That they don't need to re-pay the subscription setup fee for the next time they need to purchase a 30 day seminar room (say, 6 months after the first)

That if they record the seminar, they will be able to give it a URL and that it will persist (be viewable via a URL) even when that 30 day seminar room has expired?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on these questions for me!

Regards,

Scott.

#2 2009-10-14 14:13:32

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: 30 Day Seminar Room Pros and Cons

Scott,

The setup fee is only applicable for the initial setup of an account. If you are adding the 30 day seminar room to an existing account, then you shouldn't have to pay the setup fee. If you are setting up a new account and are going to add 30 day seminar licenses, then the setup fee should only be charged once (to set up the new account).

The Seminar room should have it's own licensing (essentially Named Organizers for the Seminar rooms) called the Seminar Administrators. That is all that should be required, except for the possible need to move the recordings from the seminar room to the Content Library which requires a Hosted Access license.

For the recordings, to be safe I would suggest that you move them to the Content Library, as that will be tied to the life of the main account, and not to the expiration of the Seminar Room. I believe that you should be able to continue to access the recordings from the Seminar Room's Recordings section, but better safe than sorry. Having the Recordings in the Content Library also gives you better control over viewing and managing permissions.

#3 2009-10-14 17:46:46

**_scottharrison_**

Thanks Jorma that helps us a lot.

One further questions to clarify this... once the subscription setup fee is paid, how long does the user's account persist when there is no active module?

eg. we setup subscription + one month seminar room. The seminar room expires after one month, and we do nothing for 18 months. Then we want to run another seminar. Does the original account remain that we can simply purchase another one month subscription?

Apologies if this seems a dumb question, but just need to make sure for this one!

Regards

Scott.

#4 2009-10-15 09:15:45

**_Jstegenga_**

Your SITE subscription is good for one year.  At the end of that year, unless you renew, it expires.

While I understand what you're doing, I would suggest perhaps having a few 'named organizers' on th e account using it periodically...

Board footer