Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-10-13 12:25:20

**_dsmit220_**

Menus won't display

I've been designing a course for Connect Pro and just recently turned it over to the instructor for him to rehearse it.  Today in his second day of working with it, some strange things are happening.  Most baffling & most urgent is the fact that certain menus that displayed for him yesterday aren't displaying for him today.

For example, if he tries to click on one of the "Pod Options" buttons, nothing comes up.  The little yellow bubble that says "Pod Options" appears, but no menu actually comes up.

Also, he hid the chat window on one of our layouts and then went to display it again, but he can't get the full "Pods" menu to display.  He can see the first sub-menu where "Chat >" is an option, but then the Chat sub-menu never comes up.  So he can't add that pod back to his layout.

Anyone ever experience this before?  He and I are both logged into the meeting as hosts and I can see the menus that he can't.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Debbie

#2 2009-10-14 14:01:05

**_dsmit220_**

Re: Menus won't display

So I spoke with Adobe support about this issue today.  At first he tried to tell me that the problem was w/ my browser.  Until I reminded him that we didn't have the problem with other meeting rooms in the same browser.  Then he just said that the meeting room had gotten corrupt.  He suggested that I reinstall the add-in.  Said that as a general practice, we should uninstall/reinstall the add-in on a monthly basis.  Apparently all the spyware and other stuff we accumulate on our machines messes with the way the add-in works?  That's what I think he was trying to say.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?  Does the general Connect Pro user population really reinstall the add-in once a month?  Can all the junk that we gather from other websites really cause Connect Pro meeting rooms to become corrupt?  Any experience with this?

Thanks,
Debbie

Board footer