Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-10-06 09:04:49

**_giandre_**

Using good quality video for Electronic courses.

Hi,
I am not sure if this topic goes under this section but here it goes.

My dilemma is that we are trying to use Adobe Connect Pro to show students, in the electronic program, how to deal with all the electronic components and devices as well as some procedures. For example, we show them how to solder a circuit board. To show this type of procedures, we need high quality display in the Adobe video pod and also the ability to don't have so much frame delays.

This needs to be scalable because many instructors will be doing this from their own home location (it is an online program). Based on my research, I found out that Logitech Pro 9000 is one of the best web cam options due to its manual overwrite for the focus feature and the great HD quality that provides. So I think we have the right equipment unless somebody else has some other ideas.

I also found three different products that I will be testing very soon. These all seem to provide an enhanced video pod option better that the one already available in Adobe Connect Pro. This is what I found:

1. Realeyes Take Over Pod: http://www.realeyes.com/
2. Talking Stick: http://refineddata.com/products/talkingstick/
3. Master Video Control: http://ed-apps.com/

So these options seem to improve the overall quality of the video resolution and I am still in the process of testing all these options within our environment.

My question is if any of you have had the chance to test any of these tools and what has been your experience.
Do you have any recommendations at the time of using any of these tools? It seems to me that up-bandwidth is very important so what will be the "average" recommended settings?
I am in "research mode" so any input or advice is very valid to me.

Thank you,
Giovanni

#2 2009-10-06 10:48:48

**_gatorgal615_**

Re: Using good quality video for Electronic courses.

I've used the Logitech 9000 and love the quality of the camera.  It's great. 

However, I've just been researching other web cameras, too, for a classroom situation.  Video cameras won't work in our environment because we host meetings from various offices/rooms and the cost for each video camera plus capture card is too expensive.  We tried mobile carts but that didn't work out either.  Webcams are easiest to set up.

Has anyone tried the Mino HD Flip camera or the Logitech Orbit?  Seems to be able to set up easier than having something set on top of a monitor.  My dream is to find a camera that zooms to a talking face in a large classroom/meeting....  Like Geovanni, any recommendations?

#3 2009-10-06 10:58:41

**_giandre_**

Re: Using good quality video for Electronic courses.

Hi Gatorgal615,

The Logitech 9000 has the ability of zooming in or out. It also has a "tilt" option so you can "move" it by using the software instead phisically moving it. I read some reviews about the Logitech Orbit and most of them were good but my problem is that I need to show very good detail in close ups becuase instructors need to show how the cirtuit board looks in a very good detail.

Having video cameras is not scalable at all for me becuase this is an online program and we have instructors all over the world - literally.

Thanks

Board footer