Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-08-28 11:37:14

**_mstork_**

Recordings aren't playing correctly (hosted solution)

Hello,

The recordings are not loading if you skip around more than once.
The same thing happens if you pause more than once.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with a hosted solution?

In the past, skipping around was rather clunky (the entire file needs to load), but it worked.
I always keep my recordings to under an hour and use a new room each time.

Thanks,

Mike Stork
UofM ITS Web Conferencing

Last edited by **_mstork_** (2009-08-31 12:20:40)

#2 2009-09-01 10:10:05

**_mrock66_**

Re: Recordings aren't playing correctly (hosted solution)

Any chance we can see an example?

#3 2009-09-14 05:03:50

**_InforMedIT_**

When playing back recordings of Adobe Connect meetings, taken from Hosted Meetings, certain share pods during the meeting appear grey and do not have their content.

As an example of what

#4 2009-09-30 16:15:45

**_wayned_**

When viewing one of my recorded meeting, the video of the speaker that was in the 'Camera and Voice' pod does not show. rather, the gray profile graphic displays. Does anyone know of why this might be or have you had a similar problem?  This seems to happen also when the video was 'freezed' to a static picture. Any thoughts???

Last edited by **_wayned_** (2009-09-30 16:16:31)

#5 2009-09-30 20:48:51

**_pafell_**

It's not just happening on the hosted solution.  We're on the licensed model and we're experiencing issues with recordings not playing correctly also.  Once you pause/resume or navigate to a different spot in the playback it doesn't stream correctly.  In our case, the presenter's slides no longer advance.

#6 2009-10-01 03:24:02

**_RobZ_**

Hi.

CP7 + SP2 here + SSL for the RTMP protocol (meeting server only - web GUI in HTTP)

We've started experiencing playback problems a few weeks ago; the problem seems to be random in the sense that you can successfully record (and playback) a number of meetings without errors and the, without touching the server, you started experiencing strange issues.

By "strange" I mean:

. the advance bar which reaches the right end too early (but playback does continue)
. you can hear sound but no video/slides
. you can't playback at all

We took a look at Event Viewer and started noticing errors such as the following ones:

Server detected a backward timestamp from 8848843 to 8848772 in file:
C:\breeze\comserv\win32\..\..\content\\7\203558-1\input\ftvoice0_1
----
Failed to record
C:\breeze\comserv\win32\..\..\content\\7\203558-1\input\indexstream, no
space left on device

The second one is pretty strange since we have approx 105GB of free space on disk C:.

After talking to Adobe's support, they provided me with a patch (to apply to SP2) which should fix a lot of problems related to recordings & playback.

I've installed it yesterday and, after a quick check, it seems that yesterday's recording (after patching) went fine and although I could notice "backward timestamp" messages (they should be harmless) I did not notice the "no space left on device" error.

Support told me to apply SP3 as soon as possibile but I'm waiting a bit before applying since I noticed some problems related to SP3.

Just my 2 eurocents,
Rob

Board footer