Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-24 21:39:46

**_thecouches_**

Anyone tested the ClearOne AccuMic PC ?

We are looking for a microphone that will get rid of hearing the echo when using Connect Pro in a Teacher to Classroom setting.  We are using two way video and VOIP, the teacher has a headset and mic, but the classroom side is using external mic, speakers and webcam.  The teacher of course hears her self talk back through the classroom mic.  Has anyone used or had experience with the ClearOne AccuMic PC ?  Or if anyone has another suggestion we'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!
Darren Couch
Southeast Kansas Education Service Center

#2 2009-09-28 11:53:17

**_famouscookies_**

Re: Anyone tested the ClearOne AccuMic PC ?

Hi Darren,

I've seen the ClearOne table top mic used in the past in satellite classroom situations. I can't say if the mic will work well or not, but someone may have been actually turning down the mic audio until there is a question from the remote classroom in the situation I saw.

I think it's a good brand so I would say go for the AccuMic PC, if it meets your needs.

Another thing you might want to consider is using some type of audio gate. This would turn the mic off unless the volume generated from the mic meets a certain volume.
Something sort of like this maybe.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/2 … miter.html

There might be a software gate you could use, but I'm imagining most of them would be plugins that would in be audio editing software. Don't think there are many stand alone software options.

Hope this helps.

Board footer