Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-25 10:18:38

**_Crawdaddye_**

VoIP and FLV Video Volume

I am trying to play an FLV video in a share pod and use VoIP at the same time.  I would like to lower the volume of the video so that I can talk over it using the VoIP.  The problem I am having is that the two volumes seem to be tied together, so when I lower or raise the volume on the video using the system video control it does the same for the VoIP.

Any help is appreciated.

-Erik

Last edited by **_Crawdaddye_** (2009-09-25 10:19:00)

#2 2009-09-25 10:48:55

**_BCCAresearch_**

Re: VoIP and FLV Video Volume

You may have some luck using a flash video player (swf file) with a volume control in the share pod and then loading the FLV file into the video player.

#3 2009-09-25 11:41:25

**_dyun_**

Haven't done extensive testing with any of these,  but a few things you might want to try...

First, lower system volume level to where you want your video volume output at, then use one or more of these methods to get your VoIP at the level you want.

1) If you are using some sort of Mic for VoIP, did it come with any software that allows you to control levels independently?  This is mine, which allows for control of the recording volume (essentially audio out)

mic-vol.png

2) Not sure if you are using windows or not, but if you are you can go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Manage Audio Devices.  In the dialog, you will see a Recording tab and your audio input device should be listed.  Select it from the list and click Properties. Then on the levels tab, you can boost your mic volume:

mic-boost.png

3) In the Connect Pro meeting, have you tried playing with the VoIP volume controls?

voip-vol.png

4) In Flash Player settings, have you tried increasing Mic record volume?  To get here, right click in your meeting, and choose the Settings option.  Then click on the microphone tab.

fp-settings.png

Hope this helps.  Good luck!
David

#4 2009-09-25 12:42:06

**_Crawdaddye_**

Thanks everyone, but no luck yet.   

I've tested with both swf and flv files in a Share Pod.  The FLV had a play control, but no volume.  The swf did not have play controls embedded in the file.  I tried all of the audio options in David's post and I can only hear my microphone testing if I turn up the system volume which in turn increases the video file's volume.

My config:
ClearChat Logitech USB Headset and a Logitech USB microphone.
Windows XP and IE 7

Board footer