Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-09 03:45:34

**_mikkelbreum_**

Authentication through extarnal portal (Joomla)

Hi all,

I'm new to both adobe connect and sharepoint. I need to create a webportal based on Joomla, that integrates a number of tools for its users. These tools include Adobe Connect Pro and MS Sharepoint.

I would like the users only to log in once via the Joomla interface, but then get access to their adobe connect pro account and their sharepoint account based on their authentication through joomla.

I do not which to 'embed' either of these external sites into the joomla framework, but I simply whish to provide a link once a user is logged in to Joomla, that will tage them directly to their Adobe Connect Pro account (that will open in a new browser window) but skipping their Adobe Connect Pro login screen.

I do not know how to best acheive this.

Can anyone here give me some directions? Is it possible, and what should be a best way of acheiving this?

I know this forum is not about Joomla or Sharepoint, but any info to better my general understanding of how adobe connect handles login, and what options are available for API based login would be much appreciated.

If anyone has experience doing exactly what I'm trying to acheive here, or knows who has, I would be very happy to discuss a potential hire to get the job solved.

Thank you
Mikkel Breum

#2 2009-04-09 12:24:50

**_tlchurch_**

Re: Authentication through extarnal portal (Joomla)

Hi Mikkel,

I would look into doing header authentication for Connect. It's described in the Connect installation guide - it allows an external system to log a user into Connect.

Board footer