Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-08-02 04:35:39

Michael Skeldon

Editing email template - adding links to images

I'm editing the event invitation email and I want to replace the text {event-registration-url} link with an image that has the link 'attached to it'. I.e. You click the image to register rather than clicking a text link.

In the editor, I can add an image using the CQ5 box (general tab). After double-clicking the image I can open the Advanced tab and there's a 'link to' field. Unfortunately, simply adding {event-registration-url} in here doesn't work. There's the option to drop files or pages from the Content Finder by clicking on the magnifying glass icon. That doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for in there but I'm not exactly sure what this is so I could be wrong.

I know this can be done because I've received emails from other companies (using Connect) that have this feature. Maybe they've done some coding rather than using the editor.

Has anyone got any ideas how this can be done?

Cheers, Michael.

#2 2016-08-02 11:56:27

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Editing email template - adding links to images

Michael,

I believe you can link it to the desired event registration page by using the browse function on the Link to field and selecting the event registration page for the appropriate event template. You are correct that the runtime fields won't work here.

Connect%20Events%20-%20Linking%20a%20button.JPG

#3 2016-08-03 06:55:37

Michael Skeldon

Thank you for the quick reply.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work for me. I've navigated to the eventRegistrationPageTile path as shown in your example which attaches a link to the image but clicking the image from an email results in an error.

The link that was attached to the email was /content/connect/c1/950532481/en/events/event/shared/default_template/event_registration

Clicking the image in the email opened the following page http://../content/connect/c1/950532481/en/events/event/shared/default_template/event_registration.html

Which resulted in the following:

This site can’t be reached
..’s server DNS address could not be found.
Search Google for content connect 950532481 events event shared default template registration
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Comparing the link to the actual URL for the event registration page, it seems like the link is missing a bit from the start and from the end.

Adding https://events-na2.adobeconnect.com/ to the start opens the event registration template.

Adding ?sco-id=975562625&_charset_=utf-8 to the end (as well as adding the bit to the start) opens the actual event registration page.

It seems like we're almost there.

Any more help or suggestions on what I'm doing wrong would be much appreciated.

#4 2016-08-08 04:34:20

Michael Skeldon

Continuing my search for a solution I found reference to a CQ components called 'link button' on the 'Adobe Connect Help,
Editing Event Template' page: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb/editing-event-template.html

Link Button : Create a button which links to event details, register page, speakers page, catalog page, or any other web page of your choice. You can customize the style of the button. The prominent customizations provided through the settings of this component are the following:

Link To : Provide the hyperlink of the destination of the Link Button. The available options are Event Details, Register Page, Speakers Page, Catalog Page, and Hyperlink. If you select the Hyperlink option, provide the destination link in the Hyperlink field.

Style : Define the style of the button by selecting Round Corners, Round Corners with Arrow, Plain Button, or Custom Image. If you select Custom Image, you can construct your own button by uploading images in the Left Image, Center Image, and Right Image tabs.

Height : Set the height of the button to display the button label as desired on the custom images uploaded.

Label : Customize the various properties of the button like, label, font size, font color, font family, and so on.

It looks like this would do the trick but I don't see a 'Link Button' component in the CQ5 block.

In addition, in the online help for CQ5 components it mentions 'image button', which also sounds like it would do what I need but again this isn't available in the CQ5 block. https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-5/wcm/default_components.html#Image Button

#5 2016-08-15 03:13:08

Michael Skeldon

So I think I've found the answer - after all that searching, I don't think it can be done.

I ended up contacting the company that I've received webinar invites from with this feature. It turns out that they use Mailchimp software, linked directly to Adobe Connect, for their invites.

Real shame that the Connect doesn't have what seems like simple functionality but at least I can stop searching now...

Last edited by Michael Skeldon (2016-08-15 03:18:47)

#6 2016-08-15 11:34:39

Jorma_at_CoSo

Agreed, it would be a great feature to have.

If you have a chance, submit it here: http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Board footer