Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-12-21 13:11:26

**_JWalker_**

Losing Voice Over Audio Connected to Presenter Slides

We have been recording voice overs in Presenter and keep losing the audio connected to the slides.  We've tried saving the PowerPoint slides to a network folder and continue to save back to that folder, but every time we go back to listen or record we get a message that Presenter can't find the audio files and looks for the last place they were saved.  We've also tried saving to a thumb drive and publishing the files.  Could the presentation be corrupt or are we missing something?

#2 2010-12-22 00:22:11

**_amathur_**

Re: Losing Voice Over Audio Connected to Presenter Slides

Can you try saving the presentation and the audio on a local drive rather than a network drive and then see if the issue still happens

#3 2010-12-29 10:42:28

**_JWalker_**

It turns out the user was pressing escape after recording the audio--that's why she kept losing it :(

#4 2011-02-09 11:13:34

**_JWalker_**

Ok, so we thought we figured this out, but we keep losing the VO tracks!  Randomly, when we add slides to a presentation with VO already attached or when we go to edit the VO, it's no longer there and we have to reconnect it.  Additionally, when we go to reconnect it with the Media file, Preesenter won't accept the file we have and we have to download the content from the Content library and then use that Media file. 

Is this happening to anyone else?  It makes no sense because we have not moved files around our directories whatsoever--everything is connected and together and then it just randomly doesn't want to give us the VO connection.

#5 2011-04-04 12:37:10

**_kmpalencia_**

Hi JWalker,

As amathur asked, you should save these locally.

Both the PowerPoint and Audio folder/file need to live in the same location.

Are you using Presenter 7?

I have seen this occur in three different scenarios:

1. Presenter was upgraded - For example when we upgraded from 6 to 7 we have to either overwrite the presentations created in 6 or save as and the audio needs to be rejoined.

2. The presentation was created, but saved as a different title. Could the PowerPoint be named something different then the folder where the audio lives. Do both the .PPT and Audio have the same exact name?

3. The PowerPoint file lives in one location and the audio file lives in another. Both need to live in the same folder.

#6 2011-04-04 12:54:00

**_JWalker_**

Hi!  Yes, it works when you make sure to keep the files together--HOWEVER--they have to be on your hard drive, Adobe says they won't stay connected on a network drive or thumb drive.  BUT, we are still having issues with Presenter losing the VO on some slides and we can't figure out why, they just drop off a slide or two randomly.

#7 2011-04-04 13:32:56

**_kmpalencia_**

When you playback the audio within PowerPoint in the Adobe Presenter Menu by selecting "Record Audio" > Skip the microphone check > And select the play button - Do you hear the audio on each slide?

How about when you have published the presentation? Do you hear the audio then?

#8 2011-04-04 15:39:38

**_JWalker_**

No, we don't.  The audio track is randomly dropped from a small selection of slides.  We have to keep reverting to downloading the published version to obtain the audio files.  It doesn't matter if we edit the audio, re-record, or publish... it randomly drops the audio every so often.  I can't find a pattern and we're following Adobe's best practices for maintaining the files on the hard drive.

#9 2011-04-04 19:02:08

**_dhwalker_**

If you go to About Adobe Presenter in the Help menu what is the exact version of Adobe Presenter that is displayed there?
The reason I ask is that I typically see this type of issues with earlier versions of Presenter 7, but seldom with version 7.0.6, which is the most recent.

#10 2011-04-04 19:10:36

**_JWalker_**

Yes, I understood this to be a bug in previous versions, but we have 7.0.6 and have throughout our issues :(

#11 2011-04-07 08:41:22

**_kmpalencia_**

Hi JWalker, If you would like I can take a look at the files.

Would uou be able to send me the file? You can .zip the file, the audio file and .ppt file and send it to: kmpalencia@yahoo.com?

Board footer