Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-12-10 17:52:01

**_jordanreiter_**

Playing Acrobat Meeting Recordings inside the browser

(We are using acrobat.com hosting.)

Up until recently we've had no problems displaying previously recorded meetings/seminars inside of the web browser. We embed them in the page following the instructions here:
http://connectusers.com/tutorials/2008/ … /index.php

All this changed with the latest upgrade to 7.5.

Now, however, loading these pages causes the Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro standalone application to launch.

No problem, we just append ?launcher=false to the end of the URL, and they're embedding the page.

However, now, whenever the recording loads, a dialog box pops up saying "Please install the Acrobat Connect Add-In for a better recording playback experience."

After two days of back-and-forth with the phone-based tech support, they told me, finally: "The problem is that these presentations were recording using the standalone application, so they include features that can only be used by the new system, that's why it's asking you to install the new version."

Here's the thing: even if I have the latest version installed, what it *really* doesn't like is that I'm trying to view this in the browser. Setting launcher=false is the equivalent to "annoyingdialogboxeverytime=true".

I was told that if I go to a meeting URL, append launcher=false to the end of it, and do the recording from inside of the browser, that when I later loaded the recording in the browser with launcher=false, the dialog box would not come up. However, the dialog box still comes up.

This is a real problem because one of our primary uses of Adobe Connect Pro is to record meetings and later make them available for playback inside of the web browser. We don't want our customers to have to install new software on their computers just to view one or two recordings. We also don't want to have to put a "Ignore the dialog box and click 'Cancel'" message above the recordings.

Again, this worked perfectly before the upgrade. Embedded content displayed without any dialog box or warning. I understand that there are new features that the standalone app provides, and that of course you would need to use the standalone app to see those features, but we are not using any of those features in our recordings, and we just want the behavior to return to the state it was at before these changes happened.

I guess I'm hoping someone else has a workaround for this, or can offer some kind of solution.

Thanks

#2 2009-12-21 18:19:59

**_deniseb_**

Re: Playing Acrobat Meeting Recordings inside the browser

I don't have an answer to your question.  I am having the same problem.  I appended the URL with "?launcher=false" at the end and I also get the dialog box.

However, when I select 'Cancel' for the "Please install the Acrobat Connect Add-In for a better recording playback experience," the recording reverts to my original and won't play the edited version.

If I instead choose 'Install' it again opens a new window and then tries to shut my embedded window with the message, "The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to close this window?"  If I select 'No' the iframe goes gray and doesn't play anything. 

I hope someone is able to answer your question so that I can get the recording to play through the existing URL.

Last edited by **_deniseb_** (2009-12-21 18:23:16)

Board footer