Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-10-16 16:19:32

**_jgandz_**

Assigning "talk" key to a keyboard key

Because of excessive feedback, I find that I can't use the hands-free option in Connect.  I also find that continuing to hold down the left part of my mousepad (I use a MacBook Pro) for minutes on end is giving me a blister!   Do you know if there is any way that I can "assign" the talk" command to a key that I could toggle on/off or even two keys, one for on and one for off?   

Sorry to bother you with what must appear to be a very trivial question, but I can't find an answer though my normal "helP searcvhes.

#2 2009-10-17 12:04:57

**_thomasattrp_**

Re: Assigning "talk" key to a keyboard key

Interesting.  I have thought that this would be useful, also.  Then your message stimulated a memory that somewhere I had seen hot keys. Voila!! Found them. Go to "Help" (in the meeting room), then click on "Keyboard Shortcuts."  Guess what the first one is?  "Ctrl M" does what you need.  It actually works. I tested it.There are some other shortcuts, too.  To go directly to the page with the shortcuts, go to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/407/kb407024.html.

Though I found what I wanted, now I don't want to complain, but it would be great if that particular hot key could be used with one hand.  Ctrl + . woud be good or CTRL + /.  Two fingers are all they take.

Anyway, glad to have we we've got. 

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Thomas

Last edited by **_thomasattrp_** (2009-10-17 17:05:09)

Board footer