Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-10-15 09:07:15

**_ReadyforConnect_**

default mic to Hands-free?

Is it possible to set the default mic setting to Hands-free? We're using Connect for a webinar with a Q&A session and i'd prefer participants to have to do as little work as possible...finding the Talk button is one of those things I expect a lot of them won't be able to do. If the microphones could all be in Hands-free as default I could control who has speaking rights and keep the discussion ordered this way.

#2 2009-10-15 12:38:11

**_BCCAresearch_**

Re: default mic to Hands-free?

We run into this issue all the time with our users. It is surprisingly difficult for them to find and interact with both the talk button and the hands free button. In our organization much of our staff look at computers as magic boxes with the expectation that they will just do things for them without thought or action.

If the button were larger and a diffrent colour I think users would be able to locate it faster. This sounds silly reading it but I know everyone that is responsible for Connect in their organization can speak to how the seemingly simple can turn into a trip to the dentist.

Board footer