Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-30 06:00:12

**_redliontrader_**

Better Chat Pod

Is there a better chat pod than the one that comes standard.

I would like to have the ability to assign a color to hosts and presenters, emoticons would be nice, as well as set the fontsize.

While I am on it.. Does anyone know what the 'buffer' size for the standard chat module is.. I can seem to hold a whole session worth of chat get about 2 hours but my sessions are about 7 hours.

Thanks

#2 2009-09-30 08:41:36

**_gajett_**

Re: Better Chat Pod

You can at least set the font size.  It's under the pod options (button, lower right corner) Text Size.  Goes all the way up to 72.

Greg

#3 2009-09-30 10:31:37

**_BCCAresearch_**

If you need to keep a record of the chat and the "buffer" seems to be filling up. Email the existing chat to yourself and then clear it. Not the best solution but it should clear out the buffer and allow to keep the last two hours of chat. If attendees need to review the complete transcript you could post it in a note post or email it out to them directly.

#4 2009-10-06 08:53:28

alistairlee

There are no alternative chat pods on the Adobe Exchange - but you can definitely create your own chat pod with whatever functionality you'd like using Flash and the SDK.  I know of at least one customer who has done this so that they could add custom functionality into their chats.

#5 2009-10-06 13:57:46

**_mb23_**

Hi Alaistair,

In my oprganization we use the chat and Q/A pods extensively.  In the Q/A pod it is not possible to adjust font size, can you explain why this is (or if it is, explain how to do it)?  Sometimes the font is nearly impossible to read because it is so small.  Also, can you explain to the technically challenged what we would need  in order to accomplish what you mentioned above? build in custom functionality.

"...but you can definitely create your own chat pod with whatever functionality you'd like using Flash and the SDK.  I know of at least one customer who has done this so that they could add custom functionality into their chats"

Board footer