Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-22 15:46:13

**_pjewett_**

Video plays much slower via Full Screen on 60 inch screen

Hi All,

I'm sure there's a simple explanation for this but I have a meeting tomorrow on an important web conference we have coming up in December and I need to get what I can quickly.

I've some pre-recorded video that plays very well in our meeting room but for this conference we'll also be displaying it full screen for our on-site participants on our 60+ inch TV screen.

When I go full screen the video playback slows way down. I assume it must be because I'm trying to display at a crazy resolution.

Anything I can do to these videos pre-upload to optimize their play on this huge screen? Or will I be affecting the problem via the TV?

Any help would be VERY appreciated.

Thanks

#2 2009-09-22 17:37:42

**_BCCAresearch_**

Re: Video plays much slower via Full Screen on 60 inch screen

It isn't the resolution so much as the number of pixel it has to display.  Your 60inch screen will display way more pixels than a 19inch no matter the resolution.

You will likely have smoother video if you use a projector set to a similar resolution as a desktop but projected to a larger area. Doing this won't require your machine to draw a larger number of pixels on screen while displaying a large area.

It may also depend on the way you have connected the large screen, are you using a 25pin RGB connector, DVI, or HDMI?

#3 2009-09-22 18:02:24

**_pjewett_**

Thanks so much for the reply.

I may have access to a projector...may. But I'm afraid our Sales VP will hate the image quality. I'm connecting to the TV via VGA.  I'll do better with HDMI huh?

#4 2009-09-23 11:03:09

**_BCCAresearch_**

You may, but it will likely be a bit more resource hungry. How are you using the computer attached to the 60inch? Are you just viewing the meeting or are you using it to send video and voice as well?

#5 2009-09-23 11:12:53

**_pjewett_**

The machine connected to the TV will just be viewing as a guest to display for inhouse participants. A second machine will be in the room and have it's own little 17 inch monitor and that's what will drive the presentation (video & ppt, no voice). We dial in to Premiere Global for the voice over our polycom.

By the way we're on the "Hosted" plan for Connect Pro.

#6 2009-09-24 10:48:19

**_BCCAresearch_**

pjewett,

I've done a bit more digging, particularly because we use 32 inch screen in 5 of our board rooms and there has been some indication we should get larger screens. It is likely that your video card is the limiting factor in your set up. The more  powerful your video card the more pixel it can draw at once. Resolution isn't really the issue. A good gaming card should improve your situation significantly without the drop in quality often associated with using a projector, not to mention sitting in a dimly lit room.

Board footer