Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-16 10:27:54

**_concise_**

Meeting hangs when installing addin

Hi
I have a client with a new laptop running windows vista and internet explorer.  He is using a home, wireless broadband link.  He can access the meeting room fine and I can share my screen with him.  He can take control of my screen. 

Anytime he tries to share his screen he is booted out of the meeting room and a white screen is displayed.  We tried checking the connection settings at the adobe link - on step 3 - checking the connection, his internet explorer hangs.  We tried turning Mcafee off but this didn't help.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

#2 2009-09-16 12:01:18

**_dyun_**

Re: Meeting hangs when installing addin

The white screen that is displaying is the meeting, which is running in a browser, trying to relaunch in the Connect Add-In, which this user will need to share their screen.

Do you know if the user has correctly installed the Add-In?  You can test this via the Meeting Connection Test: https://admin.acrobat.com/common/help/e … g_test.htm

If they have successfully installed the Add-In, Step 4 of the test will be successful.

If the add-in is successfully installed, the next time they login to any meeting, they should be attending in the Add-In, not in their web browser.

Here is a tutorial on Screen Sharing that might help:
http://seminars.adobe.acrobat.com/screensharing

#3 2009-09-16 12:36:58

**_concise_**

Thanks for that - the user has not been able to install the add-in - it crashed out when he tried.  We have tried the Meeting connection test but he can't get any further than Step 3.  Internet Explorer hangs when trying to test the connection.

#4 2009-09-16 12:42:01

**_CCWWW_**

Have him uninstall Adobe Acrobat Connect add-in and then reinstall it.  Delete from start>control panel>addor remove programs.

#5 2009-09-16 13:41:28

**_jimmydot_**

You could also have them manually install the ConnectAddin if the above still does not work.  from the test link above, click on the downloads https://admin.acrobat.com/common/help/e … nloads.htm
to download and install the plugin manually.

if the plugin does not install manually, then it could be that their OS user does not have permissions to install applications on the client?

you can also turn on debugging for the connectaddin

they will need to create the mms.cfg file under c:/windows/system32/mms.cfg

in that file type the following
PlayerLogging=1
SingleLogFile=0

save the file

have them share the desktop, which will launch the connectaddin, once this starts, a file under their "My Documents" folder with connectaddin-<date+time>.log will be created.

read from bottom up, that may help to point to what is blocking the share.

#6 2009-09-27 10:37:11

**_concise_**

Thanks for your replies - client has had to go to abroad so have not been able to try these things out.  It was suggested that he needs to have wired broadband access to be able to install the addin.  I will try again when he gets back and let you know.

Board footer