Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-08-05 18:33:00

jason@parallax.org

1 mic, 2-3 presenters

We have an Adobe Connect meeting coming up where 1 interviewer and 2 presenters will be on the same screen and using the 1 mic. Alternatively, the interviewer could also be in a different room and using a their own dedicated AV setup.

Will this setup with 3 people in the same room pose sound quality issues? If so, what would be the best practices for best audio/video?  Thank you

#2 2016-08-08 09:57:51

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: 1 mic, 2-3 presenters

The biggest issue I see would be if the interviewer were in a different location. When they speek to the presenters, or the presenters speak to them, if either side is using a setup that allows the mic to hear the speakers it can cause an echo or feedback loop if the mic is live while audio is coming from the speakers.

For what you describe, I'd recommend having everyone in the same room using the same equipment. It is more likely to result in a touble free session.

#3 2016-08-08 11:15:35

Michael Skeldon

I've done a few sessions with another presenter in the same room. What works for us is for each to have our own headsets and independently manage our audio via the on-screen controls.

If the attendees don't have microphone rights then it's pretty easy. We both 'mute' our speakers for the duration of the session (we're in the same room so we can hear each other anyway) then whichever one of use isn't speaking, we just mute our mic. Since we're in the same room it's easy for us to 'hand over' to each other (nodding, pointing, etc) so we can mute / un-mute as required.

If attendees are going to be talking then we leave our speakers on and just put-up with a slight echo through our headsets.

Having our own laptops also means that one of us can be managing / replying to the chat pod whilst the other focuses on talking / leading the session.

It sounds fiddly but in practice we find it works well and the sound quality isn't affected.

#4 2016-08-15 14:01:25

jason@parallax.org

Thanx folks. Having everyone in the same room works well after I tested the enviro.

Board footer