Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-27 23:28:28

**_mh_**

Real Time Flash Content

Hi, new to the forum and Connect Pro. I have a question about how content is presented within the Share Pods.

My client is using Connect as a real-time presentation medium for their products.  A user will log into a meeting with a product Rep and then be guided through a set of Flash slides.

I've been testing on two machines, one logged in as the Rep/Host and another logged in as a User.

I'm using a Share Pod to load up a Flash presentation that has a built-in navigation that the Rep would use to guide the User through the presentation.  My problem is that if the presenter is navigating through the Flash presentation the User's view doesn't reflect what the Rep is seeing/doing.  It's as if the Rep has one instance of the presentation and the User has another.  Which makes sense.

I'd REALLY rather not have the Rep have to locate and then load up each slide individually each time he needs a new slide. Some of the presentations are up to 30 slides.  That's a lot of work for the Rep and a good amount of wait time for a User.

Is there something I've skipped?  Something I'm missing?  Or, is this just the way Connect works?

I guess I assumed that Connect acted as a player that served shared content to all viewers, thus making what I'm trying to do possible.

Thanks for any help or recommendations.  Sorry if this is a re-post but I wasn't sure what to even search for within the forum.

- Mike

#2 2009-01-28 00:16:32

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Real Time Flash Content

Mike,

First off, welcome to the community.

When you are building custom Flash to go into the connect room you need to follow the rules that are built into the Connect application. These can be found here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Connect/6.0/SDK/help.pdf/. This is the documentation for how to get the synchronization to work so that when your rep goes on in the presentation, then the customer's presentation moves on too.

If you want an easy solution, you can always build the presentation in PowerPoint and it will work in Connect and will keep your animations (so long as you don't go for the color or font shift animations).

OR as a last result you could just do screen sharing, but I'm guessing that your not going to like how that ends up working.

Hope that helps.

#3 2009-01-28 00:33:19

**_dyun_**

Jorma is correct, the SDK to build Synchronized SWF content for Connect Pro is called the CollaborationBuilder SDK.  In addition to the documentation Jorma pointed you to, there are some additional resources on our Developer Center:

Building a project with Acrobat Connect Collaboration Builder SDK
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobatconn … roups.html

Building Applications with the Adobe Acrobat Connect Collaboration Builder SDK

#4 2009-01-28 15:20:19

**_mh_**

Hey Guys -

Thanks a million for this information I really appreciate it.

I've installed the SDK extension for Flash CS3 and have been reading the documentation a good bit.  I'm having truoble locating the sample files so I can see exactly what I'm supposed to be doing within Flash.

The PDF says the files will live here: Macintosh: HD/Applications/Flash version (Flash MX 2004 or Flash 8)/
Configuration/Components/Breeze Components/examples

But they aren't there.  I know I have the extension installed because I have the Breeze components but once I get into the Components folder there aren't any Breeze files or folders.

Any suggestions?

THanks again for the help guys!

- Mike

#5 2009-01-28 16:58:38

**_mh_**

OK - so i'm following the help pdf to guide me through using the breezeSync component.  I'm running into some funny issues:

- I get the sync button on my share pod and it's "clicked" but my flash presentation is still not in sync on both the host and user sides.

- Once the component is in the flash and it's been uploaded to the share pod it no longer scales the presentation to that of the share pod.  In the first slide of the Flash presentation there is an animation where a bitmap is enlarged 200-300% of it's normal size then shrinks into frame.  When the component is placed on the root of this flash time line the flash breaks the boundary of the share pod.  See the screen shot below.

http://storage.multimediahaam.com/screen.jpg

The Blue line is the Share Pod Bounds

The Pink line is the Blown Out Flash Bounds.

My original flash file is only 800x500, so this is even more of a surprise.  All I did to my flash file was to drop in the component on it's own layer on the root.  When I upload the exact same file sans the component it displays perfectly.

Help? Please? :)
Thanks!

- Mike

PS: I wish I could show the literal Flash Presentation, I'm sure that would make this easier, but I can't reveal the client and content as you'd expect.  Thanks again!

#6 2009-01-29 10:07:11

**_mh_**

..nobody?  please?

#7 2009-01-29 13:35:33

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

We've experienced this with custom apps build in our shop too. Not being a developer my self the best advice I can give is to take an app that works correctly in the share pod and reverse-engineer it. Something simple like the Connect Pro Clock, found here: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/i … &loc=en_us. Since it plays by Connect's rules, then it should point you in the right direction.

I know our developers have had to start with something that worked to find the answers they were looking for.

#8 2009-01-29 13:46:09

**_mh_**

Thanks Jorma I'll give that a shot.

Edit: Nope. I downloaded the Clock (it's just a SWF so there's no code I can get from it and there's no way to roll it into what i need) - not only that but when i uploaded it to a share pod it still isn't the same for both the user and the host.

this program is extremely frustrating.

Last edited by **_mh_** (2009-01-29 14:20:21)

#9 2009-01-29 16:07:30

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Try the letters game, it is synchd.

#10 2009-01-29 16:17:04

**_mh_**

Thanks Jorma - unfortunately the only kind of files that are offered on Exchange are files that have already been compiled and published (SWF).  Kind of like the difference between a layered Photoshop (PSD) file and a jpg.  Without the working Flash file (FLA) I can't pull any code out of it or see how it works.

Thanks again for trying tho. I appreciate it.

#11 2009-02-04 18:35:43

**_roysdenc_**

I will have to look for them, but I know we have download some apps that we were able to get hte fla with.  If I can find it, I will let you know.

-Chris

#12 2009-02-04 19:00:49

**_mh_**

roysdenc wrote:

I will have to look for them, but I know we have download some apps that we were able to get hte fla with.  If I can find it, I will let you know.

-Chris

Thanks - actually I installed the Connect demo on my PC at home (i was using a mac at my office) and i was able to find the sample Flash Content that comes with the demo. (which didn't come when i downloaded for mac) - it was confusing but I worked it out.

Thanks all for your help.

Mike

#13 2009-02-24 11:13:56

**_csnyder_**

I am trying to create a ppt without publishing it, just using as is. When I insert a swf I can see it but as soon as I save it disappears completely. When I pull the file back up, if I right click it in edit mode (even though there is no pic, just have to remember where it is on the slide) and change the play from false to true it will run. I want to give this presentation to a non tech user, that will not be able to do this. Is there a way I can make the swf files stick, show and play without going through the properties each time I open the file?

#14 2009-02-24 11:18:37

**_mh_**

csnyder wrote:

I am trying to create a ppt without publishing it, just using as is. When I insert a swf I can see it but as soon as I save it disappears completely. When I pull the file back up, if I right click it in edit mode (even though there is no pic, just have to remember where it is on the slide) and change the play from false to true it will run. I want to give this presentation to a non tech user, that will not be able to do this. Is there a way I can make the swf files stick, show and play without going through the properties each time I open the file?

hey csnyder -

Flash and Power Point don't work very well together.  It was suggested to me to start using Adobe Presenter to embed Flash content into Power Point.  Then you publish your files via Presenter as a full on presentation.  Still PPT with the power of Presenter to navigate and be interactive.

Best thing for me is that using Presenter you can publish your files directly to your Connect Shared Content area so that it integrates seamlessly into your meeting.

Board footer