Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-13 11:52:18

**_uneelaka_**

LDAP users and connecting to webservices

Iam a newbie and we are using LDAP synchronization to  import users into Connect.

How do I do LDAP authentication when I use the XML webservice?
Do I have to create a user with a user id and password and use that information to login using the webservice.

Thanks
Usha

#2 2009-01-13 14:22:43

**_uneelaka_**

Re: LDAP users and connecting to webservices

I meant how do I do NTLM authentication using the XML webservice.

I was able to access th econnect webserver after I explicitly changed my password on the connect pro system. I deally I do not want to do this.

I want my NT credentials to be used.  Any suggestions?

#3 2009-01-29 13:40:06

**_jareddd_**

Depending upon how you have your server configured, you can have the server itself query your LDAP server to see if they can authenticate.  This is assuming that the server you are hosting Adobe Connect on can query that LDAP server.  We have an Adobe Connect server that his collocated with a host in Michigan, and we have open vpn connected to it (security limited and firewalled) but able to see our ldap server.  We configured the Directory Services Settings within Adobe Connect with the following settings.  Enabled LDAP Directory authentication, Enable Connect Pro fall-back on unsuccessful LDAP Directory Authentication (this allows non LDAP users to login), and we also Create Connect Pro user account upon successful LDAP Directory Authentication in case an LDAP user has been added before its been synced, which we also do.

These configurations along with correctly identifying the paths for your LDAP structure will enable the server to literally authenticate your users to your LDAP server.

#4 2009-02-25 10:46:16

**_uneelaka_**

Thanks for your response.  My configuration is exactly the same as you specified. I have no problems directly accessing the connect server.

My question is how do I seamlessly connect to the server from a 3rd party application without having to explicitly specify username and password.

Thanks
Usha

#5 2009-02-26 09:35:29

**_jasonheffner_**

To do that you would need to use Header Authentication with Adobe Connect. This typically requires some sort of proxy or BigIP box.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/breeze/6/xml_api/02_logi5.htm

We didn't have that capability at the time so I re-wrote some of the login pages to re-direct to our own authentication system and login using our own custom code and cookie authentication and redirect back to Adobe Connect as normal.

Board footer