Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-12-04 13:32:06

**_mroycdha.ca_**

How do you "shut off" a seminar

Hey,

We just had our first webinar/seminar and we need to know how to stop users from logging in again. We have a recording of the seminar, so deleting it isn't really an option (not an option even if we didn't have a recording come to think of it).

Anyone know what the general process is for this? When you have a seminar what is the process when you're complete / finished?

thanks,

Mike

(connect noob)

#2 2009-12-04 13:58:59

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: How do you "shut off" a seminar

Mike,

Welcome! There are a couple of ways to do this.

First, if you just want to close the room and be done with that, you can choose the "End Meeting" option from the Meeting menu. This remove everyone (including your self) from the room and keep it locked, ensuring that no one goes back into it when you are not using it. As a Host of that Seminar Room you can Start the room back up at any time, but if anyone goes to the room before you start it again, they will get the message you chose when you ended the meeting.

Second, there is a Block Incoming Attendees option in the Meeting > Manage Access and Entry menu. That essentially locks the door to your room, but as the host you have the virtual key that lets you come and go as you please. With this option it doesn't boot anyone out of the room, but keeps people from coming in. You can accept individuals into the room or turn off this feature at any time. This option is turned on by default when you start the room back up from the End Meeting function.

Does that help?

#3 2009-12-04 14:02:28

**_mroycdha.ca_**

Thanks so much for the reply. Does either of these methods affect the recordings? I need my users to still be able to access the recordings of the webinar

#4 2009-12-04 14:10:06

**_mroycdha.ca_**

Also, I'm using seminars not meetings - I think the options are the same...however, I can't seem to locate the areas you mention above

#5 2009-12-04 14:29:03

**_pafell_**

You can also move the recording to your Content Library which disassociates it from the meeting room itself and you could then delete the meeting room if you have no further use for it.

#6 2009-12-10 12:51:54

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Paul is right, if the Recording lives with the room, the viewing permissions are either tied to the "Participant List" for that room, or it is public. If you move the recording to the content library, then you can assign a custom viewing permission list and you can remove the room without losing the recording.

Board footer