Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-01 07:43:41

**_shovanec_**

'MEETING ROOM INVALID' Error with Outlook Add-In

Hi, I'm new to Connect Pro and I'm having problems configuring the Outlook Connect add-in.  When I enter the room name and authentication on the configuration screen, I receive an error stating the meeting room is invalid.  I've tried on multiple boxes with a variety of users.  I'm running Connect Pro 7 SP3, with Outlook 2007 & Exchange 2003.

The users are all part of the Meeting Hosts & Authors groups, the meeting rooms I'm specifying are in their 'My Meetings' folder.  I'm entering the trailing slash after the meeting room name with the FQDN for the Connect server.

Any assistance would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

#2 2009-09-01 10:02:07

**_mrock66_**

Re: 'MEETING ROOM INVALID' Error with Outlook Add-In

It sounds like a known bug you are running in to.  Try downloading the latest Outlook add-in from here;
http://www.adobe.com/support/connect/updaters.html  *scroll down to outlook section*

or direct link to the latest Aug 19th update;
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/conn … update.zip

This should fix the issue you are referring too :)  Let me know.

#3 2009-09-01 11:51:09

**_shovanec_**

Thought I had downloaded the Aug 19th update ... but guess not.  Uninstalled the previous version, installed the one you linked and it works.

Many thanks for the quick reply!

Cheers,

#4 2009-10-05 03:02:00

**_barnabybrown100_**

Hi - I have been trying unsuccessfully to install the add in and get the same error.

I am running vista with outlook 2007.

I downloaded the newest release as advised but this still throws the same meeting room invalid error.

Is there anything else that could be going wrong?

Rgds

#5 2009-10-05 06:48:15

**_shovanec_**

Another issue we found, is the user has to exist in Active Directory, you have to be logged onto the computer and into Connect with the same domain account in order for the Outlook add-in to work.  If the user only exists on the connect server (as some of our administrator accounts did) you're unable to configure the add-in with the user.

#6 2009-12-03 08:51:01

**_Mr_Jalvo_Of_PA_**

If I'm reading the last post in this discussion correctly, the Outlook Plug In is usless if you have a hosted account. It only works for users who run Connect Pro on their own servers. Is this correct?

Board footer