Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-02 07:18:30

**_freddie.tilley_**

Custom video pod

Is it possible to connect to the internal flash media server used by Connect Pro to create a custom video stream?

--
Freddie Tilley

#2 2009-09-02 11:28:09

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Custom video pod

As I understand it, the FMS instance that Connect runs on cannot be leveraged as a stand alone FMS, so... no.

Flash Media Servers are not that pricey any way.

#3 2009-11-29 18:38:33

**_riddlerr_**

In the connect user content page, I managed to track the variables that are passed to the video. I noticed that it passes a "ticket" variable which is the password to connect to the video externally through NetConnection. However I couldnt view how the ticket variable is being generated. And it is not even available in the WebService. The "Ticket" variable is purged after a while and a new number is generated for the "Ticket". So I cannot use a static "Ticket" variable to load the video.

I am intending to make a external video list for a portal, that consumes the connect video content and rtmp service.

Is this possible? Even through any configuration change on the Connect Pro Installation.

Also, Will I be in violation of the Connect Pro License to achieve this?
Basically, Yes. I want to use the FMS feature of the Connect Pro for other purposes.

#4 2009-12-02 17:40:45

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

While Connect is built on FMS technology it is not an FMS. If you want to have a more robust FMS experience (other than streaming), go get an FMS.

There is not any licensing violation that I am aware of, just a lack of ability.

Board footer