Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-14 14:47:06

**_pafell_**

Generating new SSL certificate signing request file

I was following Matt Rock's excellent tutorial on using OpenSSL to generate a CSR file to send to our certificate authority to renew our SSL certificate.  Unfortunately, we made a small typographical error in creating the CSR file and it was rejected by the certificate authority.  In going back through the steps to re-create the CSR I now get a fairly cryptic error message and it will not generate the CSR.

Is this a one-time shot and if you mess it up you're out of luck?

The message we're getting is:  Unable to load Private key along with a string of numbers and other text.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!  -Paul

#2 2009-09-14 15:38:05

**_mrock66_**

Re: Generating new SSL certificate signing request file

Try recreating the private key and CSR, and no special characters in your password(s)

#3 2009-09-14 15:40:02

**_pafell_**

I did try recreating the private key (from the 2nd tutorial) and my password only has letters and numbers in it.  I even deleted the first .pem file that was placed into the \bin directory just to make sure it didn't get confused about why one already existed.

No luck.

#4 2009-09-18 07:56:59

**_woolfi5589_**

I don't kow the tutorial from Matt Rock but as long as I have a Linux operating system with OpenSSL installed somewhere I use the following to create a CSR:

Generate Key: openssl genrsa -out [keyfilename] 2048
Generate Request: openssl req -new -key [keyfilename] -out [requestfilename]

I suppose the commands you used are no different?
Did you already tried to use another server to generate the CSR?

#5 2009-09-18 08:48:24

**_pafell_**

Matt and I worked through it.  For some reason when I removed the extra line breaks it was causing a problem with it generating the signing request.  When I left them in, it worked fine.  What remains to be explained is why it worked when I removed the line breaks the first time I tried to generate the CSR... Oh well.

As always, Matt was very helpful and our new SSL cert is up and running.

#6 2009-11-16 01:44:08

**_susmithasen_**

pafell wrote:

I was following Matt Rock's excellent tutorial on using OpenSSL to generate a CSR file to send to our certificate authority to renew our SSL certificate.  Unfortunately, we made a small typographical error in creating the CSR file and it was rejected by the certificate authority.  In going back through the steps to re-create the CSR I now get a fairly cryptic error message and it will not generate the CSR.

Is this a one-time shot and if you mess it up you're out of luck?

The message we're getting is:  Unable to load Private key along with a string of numbers and other text.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!  -Paul

I don't have this critical experience..I just Got the SSL certificate at low cost for my website in the same site where i registered the Domain name..The site is http://www.tucktail.com/ you can better contact the technical support team of the site..

Board footer