Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-01 10:45:21

**_fu_paladins_**

When will next version (7.5, I think) be applied to the hosted servers

I had previously heard that Adobe was targeting an update to the hosted servers in the September timeframe.  Is that still the target?

As a hosted account, how do we get information on the changes, fixes, etc?

I have asked our reseller and they are not in a position to share anything.

We will gladly sign any type of NDA required.  Our interest in the information is so that we can prepare our hosts and presenters for important global sessions scheduled in September and October.

Also, as the admin, it will be good for me to assess the impact of the changes, fixes, etc. on our current set up, templates, etc.

Many thanks for any info.

#2 2009-10-27 10:05:39

**_fu_paladins_**

Re: When will next version (7.5, I think) be applied to the hosted servers

It is now near the end of October - what does the timeframe look like for application of version 7.5 to the hosted accounts?

How can we get a view of what will be in version 7.5 before it goes live?

#3 2009-10-29 11:16:26

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Your Account's primary contact should have received a notification on or around 9/29 about the update happening this month... I believe the hosted infrastructure should be up to Connect 7.5 by Nov 2, but I can't speak for all clusters.

#4 2009-10-29 11:28:02

**_fu_paladins_**

Thanks - where can I get some information about what is going to be in the release?

Our reseller has indicated they do not have information that is yet ready to share with us.

#5 2009-10-29 11:31:11

**_dyun_**

Release Notes for 7.5 are live on Adobe.com:
http://www.adobe.com/support/documentat … notes.html

#6 2009-10-29 12:35:34

**_Crawdaddye_**

Is 11/2 an accurate date for hosted solutions?  I have several presentations to update with screen shots and I would like to play with the new features.

#7 2009-10-30 08:53:10

**_fu_paladins_**

Thanks for forwarding the link. These release notes paint a very high level picture of what new functionality is in the release.

I find it interesting that the release notes have the statement "For more information, visit the Adobe Connect User Community at connectusers.com."

Where do I find more detailed information in the user community?

I am most curious to find out more about the overall integration to the audio providers (MeetingOne is who we use).

Message from our reseller received today in response to an inquiry I made about 7.5:
"I am not exactly sure when it will be implemented.  I believe they are going to take a staggered approach with the hosted clients on the different clusters.  Adobe has assured the channel that the implementation will go well.  I am unable to provide any information about what will be in the new release.  However, once they announce it, then the new features will be available to the public.  For now, I am under an NDA and legally not allowed to disclose that information.  I believe you will be very happy though.  I believe the formal announcement will be made within the next few weeks or less.  Sorry for the vagueness here, but you should not have anything to worry about.  Talk with you soon."

Note to Adobe: Please improve the flow of information to the resellers and please let them discuss it with us (customers who use Connect Pro).

#8 2009-10-30 11:50:01

**_BCCAresearch_**

As the primary contact, I have received no information from adobe concerning 7.5, not even the release notes. wtf?

#9 2009-10-30 13:48:23

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

There will be a staggered release to the hosted environment, starting soon. Adobe will official announce 7.5 very soon and more information will be forthcoming then.

#10 2009-11-02 15:44:58

**_fu_paladins_**

No annoucement yet, and still no vision as to when the product will go live.  It has not been applied to our cluster as of today.

Some visibility would be nice.  We have sessions upcoming and don't look forward to any surprises.

As a hosted account, we do not have the opportunity to preview the new release or test our rooms.

Hope my post doesn't come across as 'whiny'.

Last edited by **_fu_paladins_** (2009-11-02 15:47:12)

#11 2009-11-03 13:07:23

**_mark2741_**

As a fellow hosted account subsciber your post definitely isn't 'whiny' - it's completely legit.

But I'm not surprised about this situation because it's been like this since my company first subscribed, back in v3.

We're on na3 server and as of right now it's still not on 7.5.

#12 2009-11-03 14:00:34

**_roysdenc_**

I got the official announcement today, but same as Mark other than that (on na3 and no update).  I know it will take a little time to roll out to all the clusters, but it would be nice to know when to expect the update so that I can see what is broken and what isn't.

-Chris

#13 2009-11-04 07:47:44

**_fu_paladins_**

7.5 has now been officially announced and introduced.

When will it be applied to our cluster (na4)?

We are quite frustrated that no one will tell us a timeframe so that we can determine the effect on our upcoming events.

While many think the update will be transparent, we have not found that to be the case in any previous release, update, or service pack.  There are always some number of changes that impact the admins, hosts, presenters, or participants from a functionality or workflow perspective.

Please, please...tell us an approximate timeframe of when the software will be applied to cluster na4.

#14 2009-11-12 10:53:48

alistairlee

Jody Plotkin from the Connect Pro Business Unit at Adobe covers the deployment schedule in this post: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … hp?id=2733

Board footer