Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-08 13:25:32

**_fu_paladins_**

Error when creating meetings from templates

We run the hosted license on the na4 cluster (so we are on service pack 3 for version 7).

Today, when I create new meetings from the templates, none of the layouts, pods, settings, etc. take effect in the new meeting room.

The new meeting room only has a single Note pod with this text "The template you are looking at is the one we use if the default template feature is not working."

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have spoken with Adobe Technical Support by phone twice today. No answer yet. Awaiting a callback from a supervisor.

Any suggestions?

#2 2009-07-08 14:20:27

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Error when creating meetings from templates

I have seen this before.  When it has happened to me, something was changed on the Adobe side, and got messed up.  All they had to do was repair some files or something like that.  I also see this happen when a room is open when there is an outage or maintenance, but the fix is the same.

You have done nothing wrong, Adobe simply needs to update some files.

-Chris

#3 2009-07-08 16:21:13

**_fu_paladins_**

Thanks - any suggestions on getting this fix to happen on their hosted servers?

I have spoken with Adobe on the phone and actually brought them into 1 of the problem meeting rooms.

Now - I am expecting a callback.

We are setting up rooms for the next few weeks and cannot wait for a weekend fix - if that is the plan. I also do not have time to set up all the rooms from scratch.

Does anyone from Adobe monitor this?

Very frustrating - not that problems happen (that is the nature of technology)...but that the path to fixing them is so unclear and slow. For us, this is a "production environment" - no different than a manufacturing or accounting system.

#4 2009-07-08 16:35:28

**_roysdenc_**

When this has happened to me, the fix only took hours, and was specific to my hosted account.  I don't know how easily this will be done now for you because if your support is anything like mine, it has been moved offshore recently and there is a huge knowledge gap.  Not back to the stone age, but definately a year or two step back in understand and being able to support the project.

What I would do is call their new inMeeting hotline and go that route.  I just stumbled across this the other day, and it looks promissing.

http://www.adobe.com/support/connect/co … pport.html

-Chris

Last edited by **_roysdenc_** (2009-07-08 16:35:59)

#5 2009-07-08 17:55:24

**_mrock66_**

fu_paladins: message me your case number and URL, did anyone get back to you yet?

#6 2009-07-08 19:29:09

**_fu_paladins_**

Have not heard back from anyone. They did not give me a case number.

Do you want our generic URL or the URL for a specific meeting?

#7 2009-07-09 10:26:48

**_fu_paladins_**

Trying to get this resolved has been the worst experience ever. Still not resolved.

Have submitted the case via the interent (customer support portal) and had 4 phone calls with:

Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro technical support
800-945-9120
Available 24 hours a day
7 days a week

Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro In-Meeting support
800-422-3623 (800-42-ADOBE)
Available 24 hours a day
7 days a week

Have supplied screen shots, have brought technical support into the meeting room.

They do not seem to understand that this is a problem on one of their hosted servers. They do not even seem to understand what this means.

#8 2009-07-09 13:48:32

**_roysdenc_**

Sent you an email. 

-Chris

#9 2009-07-09 13:52:46

**_fu_paladins_**

Also had a long call with our contact at Adobe sales. Brought them into the meeting to see it. Even let them take control of the desktop to make new meetings to see the problem.

Guess they were just trying to make sure I know how to do these things. Glad they figured out that it just might not be user error.

Have been promised follow up and callbacks by 3 different people now. We will see if I get anything. I will just have to keep trying to make new meetings periodically until it works again.

Very strange - this used to work great.

#10 2009-07-10 07:44:24

**_bklaas_**

Can you recreate the template?

I realize that this isn't a fix, but I've seen this happen on licensed servers as well. In those situations, Adobe doesn't have access to your server to log in to the appropriate machine and fix the corrupted template files, so you pretty much have to recreate the template.

If you haven't set up your meetings yet (and you indicate you haven't), you could just make a new template and base all your new meetings off that. It won't solve the problem on Adobe's side, but it will probably resolve the issue much faster for you.

#11 2009-07-22 19:56:00

**_fu_paladins_**

The problem is solved in the short term.

We had disabled some features in 'Pods Management' under 'Compliance and Control'. This seemed to cause a problem with creating new meetings from templates. Adobe has logged it as a bug and is working to fix it.

In the short term, we are making sure that no features are being disabled in 'Pods Management' under 'Compliance and Control' when we create new meetings from templates. This works and is a work around for now.

I hope that they fix this in 7.5 (or whatever the next version is).

#12 2009-08-11 09:41:05

**_johnnydaj_**

This is a random occurance with the licensed version of Connect as well.  I have encountered this here and there when creating new rooms from templates.  What strikes me as odd and unexplainable, is that I have created several rooms on the same day with the same template and say 3 out of 5 were fine but the other 2 displayed the same note box with the template error. 

I hope Adobe Connect was able to work out the bug for some of the projected upcoming releases.  I just had this happen at the end of last week with my server running 7.3.

My solution has been to re-create the template and/or room as necessary which is certainly not a fix for the bug but it has been a faster resolution than tech support can offer. 

I do ALWAYS enter a newly created room to make sure that everything is as expected prior to launching the "live" room for a meeting.  Check and double check is the safest bet.

#13 2009-11-05 09:29:21

**_lightrain_**

I have encountered the same problem several times. It's very annoying and hard to explain to my users. I think this is a critical bug that Adobe should solve it immediately. As an enterprise scale solution, this kind of bug is not acceptable. Unfortunately, this issue seems not to be solved in the latest version 7.5.

#14 2009-11-06 13:00:37

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Call Adobe Support: 800-945-9120

Don't let them brush you off and escalate the problem as needed (Tier 3 should be able to resolve this). This is something that can be fixed, you just need to let them know you are having the problem.

Board footer