Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-10-13 09:40:00

**_kristin.lundberg_**

Big Add-in issue and Share pod problem

I'm hoping that someone else has encountered this problem. It's pretty strange and has never happened before. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

I began by downloading and installing the add-in, as usual. There wasn't a problem with the installation, and Adobe's add-in appeared in my list of programs. I signed into the room and checked the camera pod. The camera pod worked so Adobe recognized the camera and was able to broadcast it and my voice. I thought the add-in was working just fine.

However, when I tried to use a Share pod and select from "My Computer" no box allowing me to choose a file appeared. Instead the Share pod appeared to flash once like it was trying to work, but couldn't. My first reaction was to do the Diagnostic Test. Once I ran it, the test said that the add-in wasn't installed. I went to my list of programs, uninstalled the add-in, and went through the installation process again. The test still said that the add-in wasn't installed. I've tried using different rooms, restarting my computer, reloading the room, etc., but nothing seems to work. The Share pod will not let me grab and share any files on my computer and the Diagnostic continues to say that the add-in isn't installed even though it appears to be.

Any ideas as to what might be wrong? I have never encountered this problem before.

Thanks!

#2 2009-10-13 10:57:53

**_BCCAresearch_**

Re: Big Add-in issue and Share pod problem

I've had the inverse problem, where the share pod works just fine and the camera and voice pod recognize my camera (one I've used before in the same meeting room) but would not send video just voice and a black screen. I ended up having to re-create the meeting room and then no problems. Not the best fix but it work for me.

#3 2009-10-28 10:57:01

**_roberto_**

sorry for my English ..... I have the same problem reported by BCCAresearch suddenly even after hours of work, the video pod turns black and the only solution is to move the meeting to another room. Any idea?

#4 2009-10-28 12:04:02

**_dyun_**

is the meeting launching in a browser window or in a separate window with the Connect Pro icon in the title bar?  If you have the add-in installed, it will launch in its own window.

Sharing Camera & Voice is native to the Flash Player and does not need the Add-In to work.  The real test would be to try to screenshare and see if that works.

#5 2009-10-29 11:17:01

**_BCCAresearch_**

We're running with the add-in and experienced the same thing on several different machines. We were able to receive video and run a screen share and view a screen share. I was lucky that we ran into the issue while testing a new microphone and not during a meeting.

#6 2009-10-31 10:45:15

**_roberto_**

in my case I had activated the pod video and audio, chat and the transmission of the sharing screen (6) participants) and recording. suddenly while the sharing screen and the audio continues to be transmitted, the video has become black pod (with other application, however the images were transmitted)

Board footer