Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-10-19 15:20:53

**_wsipc-mike_**

Tips for upgrading from single server on-site

Our current Connect setup is running on a single server. It's been running fine for almost three years and we are looking to expand the hardware to take advantage of the clustering capabilities of Connect. Does anyone have experience with this? I have upgraded Connect before (from v6 to v7) but did not know if a single-server to cluster upgrade was recommended or even possible.

Also, where can I find the most current hardware system requirements for an on-site Connect server? I cannot seem to find them online.....

Thanks!

#2 2009-10-19 15:48:39

**_mrock66_**

Re: Tips for upgrading from single server on-site

Check here for system requirements;
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatco … ystemreqs/

And going to a cluster is pretty simple, following the installation guide will give you a great start.  Make sure you have the proper license for clustering uploaded first before doing anything, otherwise you will have many many issues.

#3 2009-10-19 16:05:37

**_wsipc-mike_**

Thanks for that information. What exactly does this line in the hardware sysreqs mean?:

"SSL Hardware Accelerator or built-in Connect Enterprise software SSL"

I have not idea what they are talking about here :(

#4 2009-10-20 08:53:51

**_tlchurch_**

Mike,

They are talking about a hardware device to offload SSL (e.g. F5 BIG IP) or configuring software SSL on the Connect server (installing an SSL certificate to the server itself). One of these options is required to encrypt Connect traffic.

Board footer