Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-08-06 15:38:02

**_deborahday_**

Api call to list meetings of employees for the manager logged in

Hi,
What is the API call that will list the meetings of employees that are assigned to a manager?  The manager will be logged in and when I use the API call:

http://[serverid]/api/xml?&action=report-my-meetings&principal-id=[##]

I always get the same results which is a list of the meetings for the manager.  If put the id of the employee, I still get the managers meetings.

I have looked through all of the API documentation and cannot find which call I could make to get the results that I want.  The documentation specifically says that report-my-meetings provides information about meetings that the logged in user is scheduled to attend.  So how do I get the information for the managers employees?

What is needed is the Name, Duration, and Start Time of all meetings that the employee is enrolled in for the manager that is logged in.

Thanks for any help with this!

#2 2009-09-22 10:40:50

**_eomedia_**

Re: Api call to list meetings of employees for the manager logged in

deborahday,

The call that you are using will only return the meetings for the user (principal-id) that you are currently passing, which I'm guessing is that of the manager.  I don't remember off the top of my head but i don't believe that the API's have a way to report all the meeting of all the users for a single manager with one call.

A solution you could look at would be to get a list of all the users who report to the manager by using the principal-list with a filter such as;

https://example.com/api/xml?action=prin … ager-id=##

After you've gotten the principal-id's for all of the manager's users you could then loop over each user and call the "report-my-meetings' action for each, just adding the results to a local array or similar, depending on what programming language you are using there are likely several choices.

When that's completed you would have the data you needed with just a little more work.

Ryan

#3 2009-10-12 14:13:12

**_deborahday_**

Re: Api call to list meetings of employees for the manager logged in

Ryan,
Thanks for your reply. 

That's what I thought should work too, but I tried that before I posted here and still I got the meetings for the user who is currently logged in. 

When I iterated through the list of employee ids using the employee ids to request their meetings, the API still returns the meetings for the manager who is logged in for each one.

Oh well :-( 

Thanks anyway!
Deborah

Board footer