Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-10-02 11:53:12

**_infoseci_**

Imported Video Not Playing - Presenter 7.0.5 - Please help!!

Hello there, I am currently trying to get a video to play on a connect pro server. I have imported a .wmv video to a presentation, waited for the encoding to be complete, but then when I publish the presentation to our connect pro server, it does not work.

The slides transition normally, but when it reaches the slide with video, the presentation is stuck on "buffering". I tried lowering the quality of the video to "low", no effect. I tried waiting overnight for it to finish buffering, but it never does. The video isnt that big, just 40meg.

I have also tried publishing the source video assets when publishing (i dont think this is necessary to send the source video file, but I tried it anyway) with no effect. I tried publishing to a zip file, and then uploading the zip file through the web interface on the connect server. That didnt work either.

I know the video works, because i can publish locally and open in a browser ,and the video plays fine.

Im going crazy here! I talked to adobe support, but the guy in india couldnt offer me any further options. Was just reading from the help file.

Please help! Getting desperate as we purchased all this stuff for online videos in presentations... heads will roll. ;)

#2 2009-10-02 12:53:16

**_Daniel_**

Re: Imported Video Not Playing - Presenter 7.0.5 - Please help!!

Hi,
Nothing in what you describe sounds like it should cause this video to get stuck buffering. How large is the .wmv before you import it into Presenter? Have you been able to publish other videos successfully and this is the only one that hangs up?
Have you tried accessing the published file from another machine to see if it is by chance, a pc problem? Just brainstorming here...
Daniel

#3 2009-10-02 13:29:54

**_infoseci_**

Thanks Daniel for the response. Ive tried to publish this from 3 different machines, I have even reinstalled presenter and tried publishing at version 7.0.0, 7.0.1 and 7.0.5.

No other videos will publish, i tried publishing a tiny 1 meg video, same issue.

The current video I am using is a 50mb wmv file, it then ends up as a 42mb flv after the conversion.

#4 2009-10-02 13:31:19

**_thomasattrp_**

If all else fails, convert the .wmv video to FLV before inserting  into Presenter according to the specifications for Presenter video--talking head, half slide, whole slide, etc.  Then, perhaps Presenter might remember what it was like before it had the converter function. If you do not have a video file converter software, try Super or www.media-convert.com

Thomas

#5 2009-10-02 19:09:15

**_mark2741_**

Yeah I think Thomas's suggestion is the way to go. I would never even try to work with wmv files in Presenter...even if the doc says it should work! FLV is the way to go.

#6 2009-10-05 12:02:12

**_infoseci_**

Thanks for these suggestions guys!

I have tried converting the wmv to flv using the flash video encoder that comes with flash cs3, as well as some little shareware app. It still doesnt work, same result where the video is stuck on "buffering".

Im at a loss here, i just dont know what to do.

I even tried a new powerpoint file that was totally blank, no luck there either.

Board footer