Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-05-05 15:06:31

**_rachael26_**

Hyperlinks in presenter - same window?

I've created a document in powerpoint, and I want to add links to other published presentations, but I'd like it to open the new presentation in the same window. Does anyone know how to do this???

Thanks!

#2 2008-06-18 08:49:52

**_santhony_**

Re: Hyperlinks in presenter - same window?

Havn't tried it, but I wonder if you edit the html link in powerpoint and add the html code _parent if it would force it into the same window...

maybe someone else can chime in with a solution...

#3 2008-06-22 23:53:28

**_catholicon_**

Each published presentation has an index.htm as the starting page.

You can add a hyperlink on a slide in your 'first' presentation to point to the index.htm of the 'second' presentation.

This should work out.

#4 2009-02-18 17:00:46

**_wsipc-mike_**

I have a question regarding hyperlinks in Presenter as well. I have created a PPT file with several hyperlinks to outside web sites. But when I use Presenter to publish the PPT to my Connect server the hyperlinks seem to convert back to just plain text. Am I doing something wrong or is there something I have to do to maintain these links? The links work fine when I just run the PPT outside of Presenter....

#5 2009-02-19 15:31:13

alistairlee

wsipc-mike - it doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong.  Presenter should support the hyperlinks that you create in PowerPoint.  I'm assuming you are creating the hyperlinks by right-clicking on the text and choosing "Edit Hyperlink...".

Are you saving a PPTX or PPT file?  It should be supported in both, but I've had better luck with many features by saving as PPT for any of the presentations I publish using Presenter.

#6 2009-02-19 15:46:48

**_wsipc-mike_**

I was using PPTX. I will try PPT and see what happens. I will let you know!

#7 2009-02-19 16:26:35

**_wsipc-mike_**

That did it! I had to save it down to PPT, then publish it to our Connect server. I sure hope this problem is fixed in later versions because I won't be able to save down forever.

Thanks!

#8 2009-02-19 18:42:30

**_wsipc-mike_**

OK, now I cannot get slide transitions to work. I am trying to do a simple crossfade transition, but the published presentation seems to just do a jump cut between each slide. I read something in the Presenter help about animations only being available as an 'onclick' control. Is that right?

#9 2009-02-19 20:43:39

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Slide transitions are not supported by Presenter. Just the Entrance, Exit, Motion Path and some of the Emphasis animations are supported.

#10 2009-09-23 18:48:21

**_EduGreg_**

If you create an actual hyperlink and just include it on a PowerPoint slide, PowerPoint will always just automatically use a new window to display the target location.  A way to work around this is to create a small quiz or survey item that has only one response.  Use the body of the item as the text (or leave the body blank) and have only the one response that you display on the screen serve as the hyperlink display.  Use the quiz manager to link a URL to the response and interestingly, Adobe Presenter itself will not open a new window when that URL is activated.  That makes sense because it thinks that it is just showing the quiz taker additional support materials within the same window session dealing with the topic at hand.

#11 2009-09-23 20:46:10

**_robva65_**

The same is also true when using flash objects in Presenter; meaning, that you could easily create a button designed and coded in Flash.  That same button could be used to point to any link you want, but the only caveat is that you need to output the Flash file using Actionscript 2.0 rather than 3.0.

Board footer