Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-10 11:05:23

**_Bryce_**

Creating a web service for multiple file uploads, etc.

Hi,

I'm looking to make a web service for a company I work for so that we can upload multiple files, name them, pretty much just like the Add Content on Connect Pro, but with multiple files.  What we do has us constantly uploading and one file at a time is just a PITA.  So, is this all XML or another language?

Would I be able to code something like this if I've never used XML before or what?  I've used PHP and MySQL a few times, not much, but I know some of the basics of it.

Thanks.

#2 2009-09-22 10:21:12

**_eomedia_**

Re: Creating a web service for multiple file uploads, etc.

Bryce,

I'm not whether this will help you, however here are a couple of links to existing solutions for the front end multiple file uploads.  I'm not sure if you also need someone who can take the multiple files and do all the renaming, but in most cases when i talk to people it's the front end that causes the main issue.

http://labs.newmediateam.com/Multifileu … pload.html

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/coldfusion/ … pload.html

I realize that you indicate you use PHP and mySQL but they help provide a path to a solution for you or lease a clarification of your needs.

Ryan

#3 2009-09-22 13:21:07

**_Bryce_**

Thanks, I'll forward those to my boss while I take a look at them.

My boss has asked me to try and find someone who could do something like this.  He is willing to pay since it'll help the entire business.  So, know anyone that could do something that we need?

- Upload multiple files in Adobe Connect's formats, we mainly use .flvs.
- Rename multiple files if we need to.
- Choose what folders the files are uploaded to on Connect, if that's possible.

#4 2009-09-22 14:31:44

**_eomedia_**

Bryce,

Since I'm guessing that this is something that you are going to want integrated into your existing infrastructure you are going to need to post some additional information.

What is your current infrastructure like?

What programming language do you need? (PHP, CF, .NET, etc.)

Do you run on Linux, Windows, Mac, Unix, etc.?

You indicate that you want to do this as a web service, but I'm not sure I understand what your intent is.  Are you trying to provide a service where they can upload the files to a remote location, have that location rename as you request and then move them into your Connect account?

There are a number of ways to address what you're asking for but I think you may have to spell out exactly what you need in a little more detail.  I would have several suggestions for you based on what it is you really need.

Thanks
Ryan

#5 2009-09-22 14:47:29

**_Bryce_**

I was just discussing it with my boss.  What we're looking for is something that can do the following for us, and only us.

1.)  Upload multiple FLV files to Adobe Connect to folders we have setup and rename them.

AND

2.)  Upload multiple FLV files to our website and categorize them based on what they are and rename them if needed.

Our web server is currently using ASPX I believe, running Joomla content management system.  And I believe it's on a Windows server, since it's using ASP technologies.

I hope that was clear enough.  I have emailed you as well.

Board footer