Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-16 10:21:41

**_mroyCDHA_**

Adobe branding on login page

Hey, very new to CP...

Can I remove the branding from the login page? How do I customize the 'entire' page (not just add my logo / change the label color)?

Thanks,

Mike

#2 2009-07-21 10:19:21

**_mrock66_**

Re: Adobe branding on login page

What else would you like to customize Mike?  Are you hosted or licensed?

#3 2009-07-23 09:21:01

**_mroyCDHA_**

I'm licensed.

The start page (for us) is 3 horizontal bars. I have added our logo, but this only represents the right third of the page. The Adobe brand is still present along with the "Adobe Connect Pro" title.

I want to change this. I want to edit this page so that it looks like a natural progression from the rest of my site. I want total control over the look and feel, not just a logo add.

How do I do this?

Thanks,

Mike

#4 2009-07-29 10:33:49

**_adonovan_**

I'd like to know how to update our branding as well. Can you tell me how you added your logo?

#5 2009-07-29 12:30:25

**_mroyCDHA_**

Hey..

Adding your logo is pretty easy. Assuming you have admin access, go to "Administration", then "Customization". In there, at the bottom, you'll see "banner logo" - just upload your logo and you're good to go.

#6 2009-07-29 12:52:01

**_mroyCDHA_**

Well guys...I wimped out...couldn't take it any longer! Made the support call to Adobe....

What they said:

There is no way to change the look and feel of the login page beyond adding your logo. The only way is to get "special permission" from Adobe, and it "will cost you".

Overall, CP is a fantastic product, but this kind of stuff doesn't sit well with me. If Adobe is forcing me to use their brand EVERYWHERE, then they should include a discount on the price for that. I don't mind having an Adobe branded loading screen, but to force us to use their brand on the login page seems excessive and just a way for Adobe to increase their product awareness.

#7 2009-07-29 15:31:20

**_BCCAresearch_**

I understand the need to have a clear and visible brand but the amount of branding opportunities available everywhere except the login screen out weighs this apparent short coming. Could you not develop your own login screen? If it were to produce the correct URL then you could probably skip dealing with Adobe. Login screens for individual meetings replace the ACP title with the name of the meeting as well. Only the web portal login says Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro.

How do the branding opportunities with ACP compare to the alternatives, WebEX, GoToMeeting, Glance, etc?

#8 2009-09-09 10:25:21

**_ITBrian42_**

Hello,

I'm on a hosted, not licensed, account.... why does my logo show up as a broken link when I try to customize the look of Connect Pro by adding the company logo? I've tried both sizes on the two different pages and even though they conform to the standards specified, the don't work/show up. After clicking "apply" it blanks the dialog box as if nothing was entered.

Do I have to upload it to the content section of my hosted site and then link to it in the dialog box on the customize page under admin?

Please advise.

Thank you,
Brian

#9 2009-09-09 13:40:46

alistairlee

Hey Brian,

The same thing happens to me all of the time.  It turns out that Connect Pro has applied your new logo and it's not being reflected properly on the web page. 

If you close your browser window and log back in (or use a different browser), you'll see that your change has in fact been applied.

I'm not sure why this happens - I'm guessing something must be caught in the cache - but it happens consistently to me.

#10 2009-09-09 13:48:16

**_ITBrian42_**

Hello alistairlee,

You're 110% correct. I closed the browser to go to lunch today, logged back in and sure enough it was all working.

Thank you for the help!

Brian

#11 2009-09-09 14:08:48

**_paresh66_**

Hey

I am new to connect pro API. When I call webservice API call from coldfusion web page to create meeting (one of parameter "type=meeting"), it create as a Content instead of meeting. When I try to update that with sco-id and type=meeting, it gives me error

https://mydomain.com/api/xml?action=sco

Board footer