Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-08-03 15:36:24

**_Daniel_**

Modify Text Labels

Hi,

I have enjoyed modifying text labels. Wish I wrote down what they were before I changed them. Specifically, what did the "Duration heading" and "Time elapsed" labels read before I blasted them for a presentation that we didn't want the time displayed? Can't seem to recreate it. Thanks :)

Daniel

#2 2009-08-03 16:56:09

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Modify Text Labels

Daniel,

Use this: %m minutes %s seconds remaining

That should bring back the count down timer.

#3 2009-08-06 06:22:05

**_Daniel_**

Jorma: that did it! Thanks a lot.

#4 2009-08-15 21:43:46

**_robva65_**

For what it's worth guys, only because I'm sure others have wanted to explore this....

In order to deal with the elapsed time of your presentations, you can take one of 2 possible paths:

1. Modify the text labels (as you've done Daniel) for duration heading and elapsed time, both available from the Theme Editor from the Theme Editor menu in PowerPoint
2. Modify the xml structure in the vconfig.xml file within the data directory of a published presentation.

There are pros and cons to each method, but the process is fairly easy, regardless of which method you choose.

Modifying the Text Labels:
In PowerPoint, access the Theme Editor from the Presentation Settings menu in PowerPoint and when the Theme Editor dialog box appears, click on the Modify Text Labels button

Once the Player Text Labels dialog box appears, look for 2 specific parameters: duration heading and elapsed time

Removing the parameters that appear to the right of those elements will prevent that information from displaying when you publish

Modifying the vconfig.xml File:
From a published deck, look for and open the data directory
Open the vconfig.xml file using Notepad or TextPad (NOT Word!!!) or some other application that will not introduce formatting of any kind

Find the following code block:
<uitext name="ELAPSED" value=" %m Minutes %s Seconds Remaining "/>

4. Simply eliminate the information in the value so it reads:
<uitext name="ELAPSED" value=" "/>

5. Save the .xml document, and re-run your course

Last edited by **_robva65_** (2009-08-15 21:44:25)

#5 2009-09-03 12:39:52

**_jcharland001_**

Hi Rob,

JC again - when I remove the Duration and Elapsed Time text editor parameters the bottom text "Elapsed Time" disappears as well as the "Duration" heading next to slide title.

HOWEVER - it does not remove the slide timings ("00:05") that are next to the slide titles.
Is there any way to get rid of that (even through the XML)? (P.S. These slides do have audio, I just don't want the time to be displayed)

In addition....
When you are on a specific slide that appears in the Outline tab there is an arrow (>) that designates that is the slide you are viewing. Is there a way to keep that arrow on a specific slide title throughout the presentation (even through xml)?

Thank you in advance for your help!

#6 2009-09-03 22:50:27

**_robva65_**

JC,

With respect to the slide duration times that are displayed in the Outline tab, the long and short  of it is NO.  Those slide timings are actually part of dynamic text fields that are coded via the Viewer.swf file after you publish your content.  This isn't the first time I've had folks request  eliminating that element, but so far I haven't been able to find the proper component or code to remove that information from the Outline tab.

As far as the second part of your question, no, you cannot control the arrow indicator via any of the xml docs.  Fact is, the arrow's position is controlled by some Actionscript stemming from the viewer.swf file (this gets created as soon as you publish) in combination with dynamic loading of your slide swf files (see your data directory once you publish to see what I mean).  Again, this is yet another element that might be able to be addressed if I could find the proper naming convention in Flash.

Rob

www.robrode.com/yabb/

Board footer