Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-08-21 10:16:22

**_vanblokland_**

Frame Rates for embedded FLV files in Presenter 7

I've been doing a lot of research and there are some excellent resources on the Web. The Video Learning Guide for Flash CS4 Professional http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/learning_guide/video/ states that the "video Frame rate and SWF frame rates must be the same" for embedded video.

My assumption is that by embedding an FLV file in the main slide, that frame rate should also be 30FPS.  That would imply that I can adjust bit rate and output size to manage file size.

Can anyone confirm that?

Also if you use the Adobe Media Player, there are lots of resources embedded in the player by product type.

#2 2009-08-25 06:23:33

**_manc_**

Re: Frame Rates for embedded FLV files in Presenter 7

I found that if the video file does not have an audio track, the video will play with an incorrect frame rate.

The solution for me was to add a 0 volume audio track to all the videos.

#3 2009-08-25 08:21:35

**_vanblokland_**

My videos do have narration, however there is a delay the first time it is played. Apparently the download from our Connect server.  If you hit the back button and replay everything is fine. Doing some testing with bit rate to make files smaller to see if that helps.

#4 2009-08-31 16:47:54

**_manc_**

You could try to convert your video file to the m4v video format (the h.264 codec), instead of using the flv format.

This format works for me, the quality is better than flv, and i have no problems with videos playing at the wrong speed anymore.

#5 2009-08-31 16:56:14

**_vanblokland_**

I believe that requires a certain level of Flash correct?  Our organization may not support the latest version. However I will try that configuration for comparisons. Thanks for the feedback.

#6 2009-09-01 03:01:30

**_manc_**

The end user will need at least flash plugin vers. 9 or better, it should be no problem i belive. 

On converting to h.264. There is a bunch of free tools that can convert to h.264.

Most build on the free command-line utility ffmpeg. A program that uses this library is: http://corz.org/windows/software/ffe/

This one does is not the most user friendly, but it can do the job.

Last edited by **_manc_** (2009-09-01 03:17:53)

#7 2009-09-01 08:23:39

**_vanblokland_**

I have CS3 which allows output to h.264 format. However, I do not find a setting that allows the alpha channel support which is what I need.

Board footer