Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-04 15:39:35

**_Ritag_**

Not Found -- The selected resource does not exist.

We are not new to Presenter...but just don't just it much other than making some internal presentations that we post and send out links to the presentations. That works great and I'm happy to have something where I can do trainings. Now here's the problem....we want to post these on our website.

We do not have the solution where Adobe hosts, we have our own connect server srv-connect. I am not very savy on some computer terms, but we have our website www.xyzcompany.com and we have created an "a record" training.xyzcompany.com. When I go to PP and Publish, I select the server normally training.xyzcompany.com, I put the file in Shared Content (or in my content) name is so the url is finance and set permissions so it is open to everyone, and it publishes fine. If I am internal and I go to http://xyzcompany.com/finance the presentation comes up with sound, and works perfectly. NOW....when I go home and am on my personal computer, not hooked up to our internal network I type in http://xyzcompany.com/finance and I get this Adobe Connect Enterprise Server screen, and all it has on there is Not Found, the selected resource does not exist. For further assistance, please check out the Connect Enterprise Support Center or contact Connect Enterpirse Support. You have one option which is OK.

We have called support, they have walked us through a million things. We have opened ports per instructions from the manual and adobe, we have put things in personal folders, not shared folders, we have set them up so they are not open to the public but that you have to log in....still doesn't work. Even if we set up a meeting and send that link out, you get the same error screen.

We are at a loss for what to do. Any ideas on how we can publish this to the web???

#2 2009-06-08 14:05:45

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Not Found -- The selected resource does not exist.

I can't speak to the process you are useing, but have an alternative process that may work for you.  For our use case, we have one group that publishes content through our own website rather than our Connect server (we are a hosted account).  From my understanding, your training person publishes locally as a .zip file, and then my web developer posts this file to our server and creates a web page that launches the index file of that presentation.  I don't know all of the backend things they do, but this is the simplified version they told me.   Maybe this can help you in the mean time.

-Chris

#3 2009-06-08 14:17:45

**_Ritag_**

Thanks!

I will talk with our web developer and see what she says.

In my experience, when I did create a zip file (I emailed it to my home address) and I still wasn't able to see it via the external web.

We will keep working on it and hopefully one day it will get resolved.

Thanks again! :)

#4 2009-06-08 14:24:28

**_roysdenc_**

Let me know if you want me to get more specific info from our web developer.  Hope things work out.

-Chris

#5 2009-06-08 14:26:09

**_Ritag_**

If you could, that would be great! I have already sent an email to our web developer.

#6 2009-06-08 16:07:18

**_roysdenc_**

Here is what my developer told me, so maybe this will help a little more.  Like I said earlier, I only had a high level description, but this is almost a step by step for my developer.

- i copy the files from internal server to the webserver
- by default, it (Presenter) spits out an "index.htm" file that is the starting point for the presentation
- by default, we use "default.htm" as the root of a folder for our site, so
- i rename "index.htm" to "default.htm" (so that our server returns that file when someone hits a URL like companyxyz.com/custed/folder, the original "index.htm" file is returned instead)
- i go through and get file paths for EVERY file in the presentation folder (avg 30-40 files)
- i manually run PC on each of those files (Perforce is inappropriate here, as a.) most files in presentation folders aren't text, they are .swf, .mp3, etc and b.) presentations can be republished at will, so version control is moot anyhow)

-Chris

#7 2009-07-07 15:11:06

**_Ritag_**

I am still having issues! We have spent hours on the phone with Adobe Tech Support. Our web developoer is soon to be on maternity leave and hasn't had time to try the suggestions listed.

Does anyone have any idea what we can do?

#8 2009-08-17 22:22:23

**_connectguy_**

Hi Ritag,

It actually sounds liek a simple configuration setting under the Server Settings page in "Configuring Adobe Connect Enterprise Server".

More than likely it is because under the Host Mappings, the External-Name is a Computer Name and not the fully qualified domain name. 

When using a vanilla setup, the Connect Enterprise Host and External Name should be the same Fully Qualified Domain Name.

Cheers,
Brad

#9 2009-08-18 07:44:30

**_Ritag_**

Thanks Brad!

I guess my brain isn't ready to work this morning and I'm not following exactly what you said in the reply. Is this something that I need to log into the Server to look at, or just go to our Connect site put in my user name and password and set in there? I did look in the place where my meetings are stored, trainings, etc, but didn't see any play to work on the configeration settings.

Would love to go in and check this and see if we can get it working!

Thanks!
Rita

#10 2009-08-27 17:53:07

**_connectguy_**

It's something you need to login to the conenct server for. 
After logging in, go to Start-->Programs-->Configurng Adobe Connect
Once there, choose Server Settings. 
There will be an Adobe Connect Pro Host and an External Name (Host Mappings).

Make sure the External name is a fully qualified Domain name that resolves outside your network.

Cheers,
Brad

Board footer