Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-08-07 12:03:10

**_tlchurch_**

Osprey Encoder & Remote Desktop

We manage a bank of servers with Osprey encoder cards to receive dedicated fiber feeds from a TV Ops Center. If I remote desktop into the server, join a Connect meeting and start my camera and voice (from the server), meeting attendees can see the picture but the audio does not get transmitted. Microphone settings only show "unknown microphone" as an option.

If I log on via a KVM switch and follow the same steps, I can send both audio and video from the Osprey.

I have tried leaving audio at the far end, bringing audio to my computer, etc. on the remote desktop settings.

Is there a way to have Connect recognize the Osprey as an audio input via RDP?

#2 2009-08-07 16:02:53

**_gajett_**

Re: Osprey Encoder & Remote Desktop

Well, this may seem an odd solution, but it worked for me when i tested it.

In the RDP options, choose leave at remote machine and connect the audio output to the microhpone input on the machine's soundcard.  You'll need to adjust levels, but it should work. (note that this was not done w/ an Osprey capture card, just an audio out to the mic in.)

It's also possible that something like this would see the a/v and allow Connect to recognize it, too: http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/dvdriver.htm

--greg--

#3 2009-08-08 05:41:02

**_tlchurch_**

Thanks Greg, unfortunately I tried that and it didn't seem to work with the Osprey card. When I walk over to the server room and start the audio, it comes through fine, and Connect can recognize the Osprey card as an audio input. When I RDP, however, Connect only recognizes an "unknown microphone" and does not pick up the audio. Video comes through fine.

#4 2009-08-25 14:42:39

**_anhyzer_**

I haven't checked the forums lately so I'm just seeing this thread for the first time...

I've had similar problems with setting up audio via Remote Desktop, so I connect to the server and manage it via VNC. Audio works fine. You might not be able to use VNC, but if you are, it's a workable solution.

--Chris

Board footer