Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-08-14 13:52:41

**_Crawdaddye_**

Playing back a recording in a Connect Room

We recorded a webcast last month and we are going to conduct it again this month.  The speaker would like to do a live introduction and then play the recording from last month while he answers questions. The issue I am struggling with is how to get the audio to the users and keep everything in synch. 

Have any of you done this before?
What is the best way to make this work?

TIA,

Erik

Last edited by **_Crawdaddye_** (2009-08-14 13:54:20)

#2 2009-08-14 13:58:52

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Playing back a recording in a Connect Room

Hey Erik,
My best suggestion would be to download the recorded meeting as an .flv, and then upload it to the Meeting Room for playback.

Please let me know if you need any assistance.
Thanks,
Jeff

#3 2009-08-14 14:04:05

**_Crawdaddye_**

That's the way I was leaning towards going, but I was little worried about the load time for a 60MB file.  Any potential issues there?

Last edited by **_Crawdaddye_** (2009-08-14 14:04:25)

#4 2009-08-14 14:07:08

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Not really.

You can always upload it ahead of time prior to the webinar start, move it into the Presenter's Only area for the duration of the webinar, and drag it onto the stage when it's ready to go. Or, you can take all of the same steps, and instead of moving it to the Presenter's Only area, you can have it ready in a Share Pod behind the primary Share Pod. Then when it's time to run it, close the primary Share Pod, and what's behind it will be what the Participants will be viewing now as the primary Share Pod.

#5 2009-08-14 14:49:18

alistairlee

If it was a SWF file (for example, something from Captivate), Jeff's tip to hide it under other content is a great one.  This also works if you plan on showing the content on the following layout.  As long as the previous layout contained the content somewhere on the stage - it will be pre-loaded when you switch to a different layout with the same content.

Since you're dealing with an FLV though - I don't think that this is necessary.  FLV content doesn't get downloaded by participants in the meeting like SWF's do.  Instead, they are streamed using the Flash Media Server built into Connect Pro.

Board footer