Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-08-10 18:03:38

**_johnnydaj_**

Can we integrate a CDN with our licensed version of Adobe Connect?

We have a purchased license account for Adobe Connect with Named Organizer accounts which limit us to 100 seat licensing per named organizer account.  We have a few upcoming programs that will require more seating than 100, closer to 150-200 per program. 

I understand that my options are basically:

1. Purchase a seminar license for our licensed account (unlimited use)
2. Purchase a monthly seminar license on hosted account
3. Purchase a named organizer hosted account and purchase the necessary "burst packs" when these needs arise

Can anyone offer some details and advice on these options as well as additional options that might be available that I am not aware of.

Also, the locations for the broadcast recipients are scattered worldwide.  We usually broadcast in the US only.  I am concerned about latency issues overseas, especially since we integrate a live Q&A session at the end of our programs.

I was wondering if there are possibilities of integrating some sort of a CDN with Adobe Connect to deliver the content more efficiently overseas and improve the network QOS.  In fact, does Adobe's Hosted offering already include an integrated CDN?

#2 2009-08-12 16:36:57

**_johnnydaj_**

Re: Can we integrate a CDN with our licensed version of Adobe Connect?

Any reply with some basic info or at least a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

#3 2009-08-13 12:59:01

**_dyun_**

Re: Can we integrate a CDN with our licensed version of Adobe Connect?

Best option for this is probably to purchase a seminar room license for either your on premise server or on the hosted system.  If you try to utilize your existing meeting licenses + burst packs, other meetings that are happening simultaneously would utilize some of the licenses and this could make predicting how many burst packs you need difficult as well as introduce the possibilities of some users not being able to come into the event because you've run out of licenses + burst pack minutes.

Getting a dedicated seminar room for these events is the best way to ensure that you won't run into any of these licensing issues just before or during your event.

If you have the network infrastructure in place to handle hosting the seminar room on your servers, that would give you the most control.

however, if bandwidth/network latency is a concern, using a seminar room on Adobe hosted might be the better option.  There is not currently a way to integrate your connect pro usage with a CDN, nor is connect pro utlizing a CDN under the covers, but they do have a multiple datacenters so they might be more equipped to handle a globally distributed audience than your own internal infrastructure.

Also if integrating with a CDN for high quality video is a requirement, there are options out there (see: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … ?pid=8205).  Connect Pro video quality options will meet most needs, but in cases where video needs to be HD or near-HD quality one of these other options might be a good investment for you.

Hope that helps.
David

Board footer