Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-22 09:01:34

**_jrc_**

Video + Audio broadcast troubleshooting with connect pro 7

hi,
i am running connect pro 6 SP3.

for testing i've installed version 7.2 on another server and i've noticed that i could broadscast video or microphone there (flash settings =allow) (mic is either not reconised with audio setup wizard.)

later i've opened a demo/30 days trial connect account and i've experienced the same thing....

tried from different workstation in the company corporate network : same , no video , no mic
but every thing still fine on my v6 production server !

then tried the adobe demo from home... and it worked ! good.

SO, do you know if there the data flow of version 7 is different from v6 ? does the firewall needs to be configured in another way ?

on the v6 server i've changed the custom.ini file following adobe technote http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon … d=2405470e

is this different with v7 ?

i am not using ssl, i am connecting the meeting with http://

the troubleshooting tests allways pass succefully

best regards
fab

#2 2009-04-23 15:29:51

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Video + Audio broadcast troubleshooting with connect pro 7

I don't have much of an answer for you, but I can tell you that there is a lot that has changed since version 6 SP3.  ACP 7 was Adobe's first full release of the product since they acquired the program from MacroMedia.  They improved much of the backend, but they also modified some of the functionality.  Somethings they got right and improved, but some things they made worse than before. 

I can tell you that we have had multiple presentations this week using live video with a presenter speaking to what was being shown.  So, we had video and mic.  There is an issue where the video pod takes over some of the audio (specifically the mic), but you should be able to select your audio source.

-Chris

#3 2009-04-27 05:56:28

**_jrc_**

i have been looking at the protocols flow and it seems similar in v6 and v7.

!!! but  i  founded some differences in the connect addin used :
-> v6 uses Add-in version:7,0,455,0
(C:\Documents and Settings\fasolfa\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\connectaddin6x0)

and

->v7 uses Add-in version:9,1,299,0
(C:\Documents and Settings\jrc\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\connectaddin)

1- could you please mention the connect/add-in  versions you are using ? and where it is located ?

2- could mcAffee be related to this troubleshooting ?

???

ps thkx Chris and others for support ;-)

Last edited by **_jrc_** (2009-04-27 05:56:58)

#4 2009-04-27 11:54:24

**_roysdenc_**

The version of flash was updated between Conenct 6 and 7, so that may be part of the difference. 

As far as what I am running - I have a hosted account, and we are on ACP7 SP2.  I couldn't find the exact version of the addin on my Vista machine, but I should be at the latest version.

Regarding McAffee - I have seen many times on this board where people have suggested turning of virus scan, and for some, that solved the problems.  I can tell you that all of my machines have McAffee installed as required by my IT department, and I have not had any problems that trace back to it, but I may just be lucky.  It is always something worth trying out.

If turning off virus scan doesn't help, and if no one else gives ideas, you may want to call Adobe Support and talk to them. 

-Chris

#5 2009-08-08 11:25:43

**_jimtaylor61_**

Accessing Acrobat Connect webinar on Macintosh and attempting to use Airfoil software to broadcast audio portion of webinar from my MacBook laptop to my sound system via an Airport Express.  Airfoil asks for the application that is being used to transmit the audio signal.  I am assuming the Adobe Connect Professional Add-in is a 'plug in' to my browser (Firefox).  However, when I select Firefox as the source, the audio signal is not sent to my sound system.  When I use other applications to broadcast the audio, the sound is OK.

Any guidance?  Thanks    Jim Taylor

#6 2009-08-08 12:48:52

**_dyun_**

One thing you might want to test is if you can audio from other Adobe Flash-based applications.  If you play a youtube video is the audio correctly transmitted?

One other question is, when you are speaking into Connect Pro VoIP, you don't actually hear yourself speaking, your audio is taken and broadcasted out to other users.  If it was broadcasted locally it would cause an infinite feedback loop/echo.  If you are simply trying to listen to webinar audio from your computer speakers, is the behavior any different than when using Airfoil?

-david

#7 2009-08-08 20:23:10

**_jimtaylor61_**

I was able to hear a You Tube audio just fine and broadcast the audio via AirFoil; I happened to use Safari as my browser, thus I selected Safari as the <Application> source.

My previous participation in Acrobat Connect webinars have involved only VOiP audio from the presenter; my communications were only via the keyboard, thus I can't address your comment about two-way audio.  Audio from the You Tube played just fine whether to my computer speakers or to my sound system via AirFoil.

In the case of 'my problem', should I be choosing my browser as the <Application> source?  There is no 'choice' in the Applications folder for a Flash-based file.

Thanks

Jim

Board footer