Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-29 11:27:06

**_JVargason_**

Issue with Fast Refreshes in Meetings

Has anybody experienced pods being redrawn during a Connect Meeting (we have our servers on premise)?  I have watched people come in and out of my Attendee List Pod and they complain about having their screen refresh.  It appears that Connect is losing Connectivity.

I have seen one other thread mentioning this issue but there seems to be no resolution.  We have noticed in our case running Connect 7 SP3, that if we restart services on our servers it gets better for a short while (1 or 2 days).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon

#2 2009-08-05 09:39:26

**_eaksoy_**

Re: Issue with Fast Refreshes in Meetings

Hi Jon,

I've been dealing with the same issue for the past two weeks. It is mostly happening on participant machines, running Vista & IE (version 8.0.6001.18813). I have switched one of the participants to Firefox (version 3.0.12) yesterday and the problem seems to go away. I am still not sure if that is the cure but worth giving it a try.

Thanks,

Erhan

#3 2009-08-05 09:44:26

**_JVargason_**

Hi Erhan,

We had the issue with FireFox as well.  It ended up in our case being a software SSL issue. 

It seems that in a few instances of Connect 7 (Adobe is not sure why this happens to just a select few customers) that if you use software SSL in Connect 7 you will see this issue.  If you switch to hardware SSL, no SSL, or use STunnel (mimics software SSL, but you just leave the adaptor.xml and vhost.xml files the same as they were when you installed the product) the issue goes away.

I hope this can help whomever runs into this issue as another option to try if Erhan's solution of using Firefox does not solve it.

#4 2009-08-05 09:50:12

**_eaksoy_**

Hi Jon,

We are using the Hosted service. It looks like the root cause is different unless Adobe has a similar SSL set up issue for some hosted accounts.

Thanks,

Erhan

#5 2009-08-06 21:07:02

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

I also experienced this on Monday. Despite solid connectivity, my connection to the meeting kept dropping momentarily for some user (not all) and as a result, the Camera pod kept resetting, cutting off the audio and video feeds.

Any feedback on what may have caused this would be appreciated.

#6 2009-08-06 22:05:12

**_eaksoy_**

Hi Terry,

We also have a solid connectivity (i.e. dedicated T1 lines) for our events. Initially, I thought switching to Firefox have solved the problem. However, the problem surfaced again yesterday afternoon and today. It goes on for couple of minutes, typically at the beginning for host and some participants. I have checked with our T1 service provider and everything is fine with the connectivity.

I would also appreciate any feedback -especially from Adobe team-.

Thanks,

Erhan

#7 2009-08-07 11:31:59

**_danielfbryant_**

Our users have reported multiple participants getting kicked out of the meeting room, and brought to the lobby screen.  The participant then needs to click the "Request Entry" button.  The host then has to accept the guest back into the meeting.  Normally this happens multiple times to the same user throughout the course of the meeting, but does not happen to all users.

Is this scenario happening to others as well?

Last edited by **_danielfbryant_** (2009-08-19 09:51:52)

#8 2009-08-07 11:38:52

**_eaksoy_**

Hi,

We opened a meeting room this room, and right away the host  session started the refreshes. I signed in from a participant machine, which warned me that our "Trial Account for Version 7 Beta Wave 1" is expiring, than signed into the room. And participant machine started refreshing right away also.

I wasn't sure if we installed new Connect Add-Ins as we participated in Wave 1 program. So I unstalled the add-in on host and participant machines, and re-installed them (current production versions). The problem went away.

As usual, I am not sure if it is the cure to the issue.

I will let you know if the problem surfaces again.

Thanks,

Erhan

Board footer