Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-25 16:15:01

**_SJ_**

Broken Hyperlink in Adobe Presenter

I am trying to insert hyperlinks on powerpoint slides. These hyperlinks are connected to PDF attachments (from my local machine) and are all distributed through out different slides in the powerpoint presentation. When I publish the presentation using Adobe Presenter the output I get is broken links. I am not sure what I might be doing incorrectly. Please help.

#2 2009-04-26 12:44:16

**_gajett_**

Re: Broken Hyperlink in Adobe Presenter

you are linking to pdf files on your local computer, using the hyperlink functionality of powerpoint? then publishing your presentation?
-- this will fail, as your linked files remain on your local machine, and the hyperlinks are file system links, rather than http:// links

you have two possible remedies to this:
- upload your pdf files to a web (http:// ) reachable space (web site, Connect server as content, etc...) and use that address for your link address in ppt.
- add the files as attachments using the presenter interface in ppt.  create a slide indicating that all referenced content is available using the paperclip (attachment) button for download if viewers want the content.

greg

#3 2009-04-26 22:16:37

**_SJ_**

Thank you so much for your help.

#4 2009-05-07 11:21:12

**_pvojtik_**

Another option is to create a folder on your local machine, for instance "Linked_Files".  Place all the files that you will link to from PowerPoint in this directory.   When you create the hyperlink on any page, point to the files that are in this folder. Publish the presentation as usual. 

Once published, open the folder where all the Presenter files were published.  Navigate through the following folders  data > resources  and copy your "Linked_Files" folder to this location.

Your link will now work correctly and your linked files now stay with all the course files.  However, each time you publish the course, you'll need to remember to copy this folder back to this location.

#5 2009-05-08 10:20:46

**_SJ_**

Thank you 'Pvojtik' I appreciate your help.

#6 2009-08-04 15:11:02

**_delia_**

Does anyone know how to "lock" the paperclip attachment?  I lock slides so learners have to hit every slide before they get to the end to get their certificate (presumably in the paper clip), but I don't want people to be able to immediately click on the paperclip and get the certificate.  Does anyone know how to do that?

#7 2009-08-04 22:14:09

**_dyun_**

There's no way to lock the attachments/paperclip, but another way to do this would be to host the certificate file at an HTTP or local address using the methods above.  Then put a link to it on the final slide.  You could even hide the slide from the navigation so you only get to see that slide with the link to the certificate when all slides have been viewed.

#8 2009-08-05 07:33:15

**_delia_**

Thank you.  That is a good idea and we're definitely going to give that a try.
I wish Adobe would make that functionality a reality. It would make it a lot easier to create more 'cheat-proof' training and easier for basic computer users to know how to print their certificates.

Board footer