Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-01 11:36:09

**_nrogers80_**

r314, r299 and compatibility issues

I've been using Connect Pro 7 hosting through our IT department for the past several months. Up until 3 weeks ago everything was running fine. I had a user try to run a meeting several weeks ago on a networked HP PC and the error message "the connectpro add-in experienced an error r299".
Eventually by reinstalling the connect pro add in into a different root folder I was able to change that error message to a r314. The next week I experienced this r314 error on a laptop when attempting to share a sony camcorder with sony drivers, the laptop had a webcam on it, and I had to select the Sony camera before I started the camera pod, the error went away. The third time was when I was attempting to take a meeting offline, right after I saved the name it gave me the r314 error, this time adobe tech support had me reinstall the connect add-in and all was fine. Going back to the first computer, I attempted the same steps and had no success. So I've had three of these r314/r299 errors and in each case it seemed to be a driver compatibility issue, or a connect add-in location issue. Was wondering if anyone had any other r314 or r299 stories. I looked online and no one including adobe tech support seemed to have any definitive cause for these errors. I was also wondering if there's a driver/hardware compatability matrix that list known issues with other companies. I know kensington, sony camcorders, and microsoft cameras are all known to cause issues. Thanks.

#2 2009-07-01 13:35:42

**_mrock66_**

Re: r314, r299 and compatibility issues

Try checking with your IT administrator if any group policy settings have been added or modified in the last three weeks.  Normally if you get restricted access to any local files you will run in to this error message from the Add-in. 

Let me know if that helps.

Matt

#3 2009-07-01 13:49:16

**_nrogers80_**

Matt,

Apparently the only things changed recently have been attempting to addd SSL, but it was removed because meeting recordings did not play back.

#4 2009-07-29 07:55:45

**_lkeener_**

I am having similar issues, the R314 and r299 add-ins are crashing out when I attempt to start a meeting. It first started with the r314 error saying that it need to close after it crashed. I then googled the adobe connect r314 error and was brought to this forum. The forum had me uninstall the r314 and install the r299 but that did not help.

#5 2009-07-29 08:37:07

**_nrogers80_**

Hmmm, that's pretty much how I started and it's led pretty much nowhere. Adobe says the errors are generally a result of other drivers interefering with the connect pro add-in. Apparently some kensington, sony, and microsoft drivers all can have compatibility issues when running a connect meeting. I was hoping someone could compile a list of all devices that can generally cause issues with connect pro, and hoping even more that someone could give me a clear definition of what R299 and R314 are. If you haven't tried it already try uninstalling the connect pro addin and reinstalling from a copied disc that has the connect pro addin on a computer you know has run a successful meeting.

Board footer