Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-20 14:46:11

**_sprockett_rocket_**

Interactive Flash Issue

Our company often uses interactive Flash pieces in our Adobe Connect meetings. The goal of some of these pieces is for the facilitator to interact with the piece (clicking on question boxes that reveal answers, for example), but it should not allow the viewing users to click on anything (click ahead and see future answers, for example).

Right now, it seems that each user downloads their own local version of the Flash piece when it is shared by a facilitator in a meeting. The facilitator's interaction with the Flash piece appears on the users' screens, but the users are also able to make changes to their own local versions. Is there a way to prevent users from being able to interact with the Flash piece (without inhibiting the facilitator's ability to do so as well)?

#2 2009-07-20 15:30:01

**_dyun_**

Re: Interactive Flash Issue

The Flash file must implement the CollaborationBuilder SDK.  Doing this allows hosts to have the same control over the Flash File as they do with PPT slides or Captivate content.  Keeping Flash content that implements the SDK in sync can be done simply by clicking the Share Pod's sync button.

Learn more about the SDK here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobatconnect/

#3 2009-07-20 16:50:11

**_sprockett_rocket_**

The files seem to sync, because users can see changes made by the facilitator. However, the users also seem to be able to override/subvert the facilitator's changes by making their own. The changes the users make happen ONLY on their local instance-- it does not go to the server. My guess is that since user changes do not go to the server, they cannot be controlled by any kind of ActionScript or Collaboration Building Tool.

Does this seem correct? Does anyone know of any way to get around it? Maybe a way to broadcast a single facilitator-controlled Flash piece without users having their own individual instance?

Last edited by **_sprockett_rocket_** (2009-07-20 16:52:16)

#4 2009-07-20 17:29:48

**_mark2741_**

Off the top of my head....

...you could code the Flash piece so that it requires an onKey event (I forget the exact method as it's been so long since I've used it) each time you interact with it. Something like always holding down the Print Screen key when clicking on the swf.

Clunky, but it would work.

#5 2009-07-21 09:59:25

**_sprockett_rocket_**

Great mark2741, that sounds like it would work.

Now does anyone know where I could find out how to use onKey events? :)

#6 2009-07-27 12:42:22

alistairlee

Some object in flash also have a 'selectable' property.  I've used the following code in some of my SWF's to only enable hosts/presenters to select a field.  You could do the same thing with other properties like 'visible', or 'enabled'.

if (syncConnector.role == BreezeSyncConnector.k_PARTICIPANT) {
        myField.selectable = false;
}

#7 2009-07-28 08:28:20

**_sprockett_rocket_**

At least in the instance I used it (on an example flash piece where you move a synced red square) this did not work as I had hoped. It does prevent participants from syncing their changes with others, but what we're looking for is something that prevents the participants from affecting even their own private instances (so they can't look ahead for example).

Perhaps, the moving red square piece was not a good test run. I'll try this code on other examples to see if it works better there.

Thanks!

#8 2009-07-28 13:49:18

**_sprockett_rocket_**

I was able to use your code, Alistair. Thanks!

Board footer