Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-18 14:37:36

**_Kimpender_**

PowerPoint Slide missing on recording

I have a slide missing on a recording. I tried redoing the recording several times and even creating a new file. Any thoughts/feedback on why this would happen?

#2 2009-07-20 10:03:35

**_roysdenc_**

Re: PowerPoint Slide missing on recording

This happens to me occasionally.  Are you pre-recording everything, or are you loading slides into a meeting room and recording a presentation there?  I have found that if I do a screen share and only have one slide after that, the last slide never updates (so we always include an extra blank slide).  I have had it happen in other points in a presentation, but not in a repeatable fashion.

-Chris

#3 2009-07-20 14:27:19

**_rmenon_**

Can you share the recordings? You should not be missing any slide in your recording. Is it always a specifc slide, or do you miss slides in all recording that you do?  If the ppt is not confidential, can you share the ppt , and we could look into it

#4 2009-07-21 11:58:04

**_mrock66_**

If you scrub forward in the recording, then go back to the beginning does the slide show up?

#5 2009-07-21 12:23:03

**_Kimpender_**

This is a pre-recording that I did as a test. I can see the slide in the recording if I fast forward a bit and then jiggle it back some. However, the problem lies with those who have never seen it before. The viewer wouldn't know it was there. It's always the same slide. I've tried rebuilding the file in a couple of different ways. I've recorded it 4 times and it's always the same slide. Do you think it could just be the slide itself that Adobe doesn't seem to want to pick up?

#6 2009-07-28 11:39:29

**_pafell_**

We've had the exact same problem with almost every recording of a Connect Meeting.  In our case, it is always the first slide advance that doesn't happen (i.e. moving from slide #1 to slide #2).  After that, everything is fine.  Similarly, if you scrub back (or simply pause and resume while slide #2 is supposed to be showing) it realizes it's there and displays correctly.

We're almost always using our seminar room license for our recorded programs so I don't know if we would encounter the same issue in a regular Connect Meeting room.  (I'm guessing we would.)  Also, it seems that it might be related to switching layout tabs.  When we have had multiple layouts in use during one recording the irregular behavior seems to happen when we switch layouts too.

I agree with Kimpender in that people who haven't seen the recording before wouldn't know that there is a slide there that didn't advance and wouldn't see it unless they paused/resumed or scrubbed in the playback of the recording.

Board footer