Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-20 09:19:33

**_ebrescia_**

Articulate Engage and Quizmaker Files in Connect Pro

I use Articulate Engage and Articulate Quizmaker to create interactions that we use in our virtual classroom sessions. In the past, I just hosted the output files on a server and "called out" to them so every learner had his or her own instance of the activity/quiz. I understand that with Acrobat Connect Pro I don't need to host them externally anymore. I should be able to ZIP the output files, upload the ZIP to my content library, and then "share" it with the class. I can ZIP and upload to my library, but the ZIP isn't offered to me as something I can then share.

Any advice? (The interactions/quizzes work fine when I preview them in the content library - I just can't seem to figure out why I can't share them in the session.)

Thanks!

#2 2009-07-20 11:47:31

**_dyun_**

Re: Articulate Engage and Quizmaker Files in Connect Pro

Hi there,

It is possible to bring in Adobe Presenter and Adobe Captivate content into Connect Pro virtual classrooms and have them track learners individually.  However, this is not the case with Articulate's products.

Connect Pro supports an open API called the CollaborationBuilderSDK that Articulate could implement to support this, but to this date they have not.  If this is important to you, you should let Articulate know this so they can implement in future releases.  Or use Presenter/Captivate to support the use case you describe above.

Best,
David

#3 2009-07-23 15:24:07

**_ebrescia_**

Re: Articulate Engage and Quizmaker Files in Connect Pro

David - I'm not sure I've stated my question correctly. I'm not interested in tracking anything - I'm using the Articulate Engage and Quizmaker pieces simply to create an interactive and engaging learner experience. We use them as part of our review process and to provide more visual variety (specifically the Engage interactions) during our virtual classes. I was assured when we explored purchasing Connect Pro that these interactions would work. Now after buying five licenses, I can't get them to work and I've tried just about everything.

I believe others have reported publishing their Engage or Quizmaker files to Articulate Presenter format, zipping and uploading those to their content library. I tried that today and while I can see the "preview" of the Presenter output (with my interaction embedded), it does not show up as something I can share when I attempt to share it from within my meeting.

Thanks for continued help...

PS - Much as I love Captivate, the quizzes aren't nearly as well done as those from Quizmaker, nor can I seem to find anything comparable to Engage in Captivate. I have Captivate 4...

Board footer