Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-17 11:16:44

**_pgiandrew_**

Echo while sharing video

Hi, I was in an Adobe meeting with our customers and I shared a video clip. I clicked "hold" button from the bottom "VOIP" tab, however, customer said they hear echoes from their end and I would have to click again to de-select VOIP option. is there anyway to get rid of the echo?

#2 2009-07-17 13:47:18

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Echo while sharing video

Are you talking about getting rid of the echo in a recording?  If so, I don't think you can very easily. 

As far as the echo itself, if the presenter's mic is open and they have their speakers on, when the video plays, it could transmit through the mic as well.  This would cause the echo, which is why it would go away when you stop sharing your mic. 

We use a headset mic so that our presenter can hear a video if need be, and this also prevents the audio from getting into the mic (so long as the system volume isn't too loud).

Hope this helps a little.

-chris

#3 2009-07-17 14:59:24

**_pgiandrew_**

OK, great, I think it makes sense.

By the way, one of my customers called me and said they are in the meeting room now but "Q&A" pod was greyed out. How can we re-set it? I never seen " Q&A" greyed out before.

#4 2009-07-17 15:20:12

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The Q&A pod is only visible to Hosts and Presenters. Participants will only see the big Gray box. That is why that pod should live in the Presenter only area.

#5 2009-07-17 15:33:37

**_pgiandrew_**

OK, now Q & A pod is greyed out for Host and Presenter. Any thought?

In addition, there is an option for only "registrated users" can access the meeting, and they will need to enter a password, how and where can I generate the password? From "creat a new meeting" place? I did not see the option though. Let me know if I missed.

#6 2009-07-20 16:20:48

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Not sure why the Q&A pod would be grayed out for Presenters and Host (unless you are talking about in the Pods menu, where it would be grayed out because you can only have one instance of it in the room at a time and it is already open in the Presenter Only area)

As to the Registered users question, they get a user name and password when you create them in the Admin function for creating new users. Otherwise they can enter the room as a guest without a need for a Password.

Board footer