Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-19 10:52:23

**_jayburn23_**

Edit Participants

We have a contractor who we would like to create a room for. The problem is we don't want him to see the available list of users and groups in the edit participants feature. Is it possible to disable him being able to see this list or certain items in the list? Any help would be appreciated.

#2 2009-06-19 11:21:35

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Edit Participants

You can predefine this Contractor as a host of the meeting room and give them the room URL. It sounds like there is not much need to give access to the server side of things. Be sure that this set up doesn't go against your licensing EULA, but even if they are added as a meeting host, you don't need to tell them about the server side management.

#3 2009-06-19 11:30:38

**_jayburn23_**

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear, they do need to be able to use the backroom features. Everything works fine with the permissions except them being able to see all of our admins and other groups. We would like to disable that if possible.

#4 2009-06-19 11:49:03

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Unfortunately,

Restricting the view of that list is not possible.

#5 2009-06-19 13:55:53

**_jcooper9099_**

Well how about this.

You create a curriculum for each time a presentation is given. Then you add the room as a part of the curriculum.  The users have access to the room only through the curriculum if they are enrolled.

The Host has access to the room but not the curiculum. he can use the backend and the front end, but does not have permissions to view or edit the curriculm or it's properties. hence those with permission on the room cannot be listed to the meeting host.

This assumes they are otherwise a USER and not an ADMINISTRATOR on your connect server.

Last edited by **_jcooper9099_** (2009-06-19 14:04:13)

#6 2009-07-01 15:59:49

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

I think we're talking about two things here, unless I am reading this thread wrong?

"server side of things" = the Connect Web Manager, where they can see account users and groups.

"backroom features", to me, means = Presenter Area Only within a meeting room.

I would go with Jorma's solution. Give them the room URL, have them set as the Host for the room keeping in mind they need to be added to the Meeting Host group by the Admin so you're not in violation with Adobe. Do this, they get the backroom features in a Meeting Room and never see the account's Users and Groups list. There's no way to see Users and Groups from within a Meeting Room from any view.

KEY PART: Go back to the Web Manager and select "denied" in Set Permissions to Shared, User, and My Meeting Folders, at the top level folder. This will remove their ability to "Create New Meeting" as well as access anything in the Meeting Library. So, if that are smart enough to remove the meeting room extension and go to the main login of the Connect account, they still wont' be able to see Users and Groups if they go hunting around.

Jorma - this make sense to you?

Last edited by **_sean_at_RealEyes_** (2009-07-01 16:01:22)

#7 2009-07-02 16:49:39

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Yes, makes sense to me...

Since the initial request was to block the Edit Participants view in the Web Manager I don't believe there is a good solution here other than to restrict all access to the server side management of the room. It wouldn't matter if you were dealing with a meeting room or something in the training library, if the user has access to the server side management then they will be able to see the complete list of users on the system.

Solution #2 (though not necessarily a good one): have a second account for that client's needs, then they would only see users reliant to that account.

Board footer