Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-23 14:26:27

**_donutman925_**

Error Popup dialog Box in Captivate 4

I have created a 10 slide full motion capture in Captivate 4 and every time I open the file it pops up with this dialog box:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8599/errorssj.jpg

errorssj.jpg

The file size is 1.43gb. I can't even publish the file cause it says I i have insufficient memory. The only program i have running is captivate. Where do I find this library so I can delete the unused items?

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5435/error2k.jpg

error2k.jpg

Last edited by **_donutman925_** (2009-06-23 15:32:01)

#2 2009-06-24 07:02:01

**_tlchurch_**

Re: Error Popup dialog Box in Captivate 4

You can show the library pane (and then select items to delete from the project) by going to the Window menu - Library (the shortcut is Ctrl+Alt+L). You have to be "zoomed in" to a slide, not just on the filmstrip.

#3 2009-06-24 15:47:18

**_donutman925_**

Thanks for the response. I did find where the library was located. I'm still running into a massive problem with memory issues. There is 3gb of ram in the computer and a decent graphics card (Nvidia Quadro FX 1700 with 512 mb). I keep getting the second screen shot I posted popping up everytime I try to publish a file; even on 114mb files. I have tried everything from recording at 16 bit color to lowest quality jpegs, no pdf's, or html files etc. I think it may be that I need to get a more powerful graphics card . I'm at a loss right now on what the problem is.

#4 2009-06-27 12:49:57

**_rjacquez_**

In looking at the screen shot your posted, I see two reasons why you are getting the error you are reporting: 1) The size in pixels at which you are recording is extremely high and 2) what's more you are recording in Full Motion mode, which adds even more size to the final project.

Since most users set their resolutions at 1024 x 768, it's highly recommended that you record at roughly 800 x 600, which will make it easy for viewers to view your Captivate demo in a browser without any scrolling.  Furthermore, consider recording in Automatic Recording mode instead of Full Motion, in an effort to keep your projects as light-weight as possible.

Sincerely,

RJ Jacquez
Adobe Product Evangelist, eLearning and Captivate
@rjacquez on Twitter

Board footer